Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Failed urine test. Now what?

Is an eight ball fun?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Your profile says you are 40. If I were your doc, I might be willing to give you a pass if you were a lot younger, but....40?!?! I think you have a whole lot of suck'n up to do to your doc to make him ever trust/believe you again. Man up to being 40 and get your act together. I was injured in 1982 at age 36, C6/7 complete, I know pain, I know depression, I know all of the trials and tribulations, but I don't do/never have done coke, I don't do/never have done illegal weed, I don't do/have never done any other party favors. Time to get the act together. With your doc, the chips will have to fall where they may.

All the best,
    GJ
    Quote Originally Posted by daveh0 View Post
    Again with the "I"s... but let's leave that alone for now. I appreciate-ish your sentiments, but am perplexed by the inclusion of:

I'm not sure what I said that sparked that inference, but that couldn't be further from what I'm trying to communicate. In case my verbose writing style makes it difficult to extract the key points:
    • i fucked up
    • I was taken by surprise and obviously not thrilled by the circumstances I've created for myself. Also pissed at myself for the same reason as it was totally within my control.
    • I want to be honest with my doc (which is what I wish I done during my appointment this morning) and am seeking advice as to the best way to go about this.
    • I realize the consequences will be severe and will have no choice but to deal with them appropriately
    • I hope one of those consequences is NOT being dropped as a patient.
    • Again, seeking advice on optimal path for making things right and not losing the care/treatment I currently receive and find necessary.
    Ditto with gjnl.

You are the person that makes it bad for the good people who are miserably in pain and are given NSAIDS. You didn't fuck up, got got busted! You should be thrown out of the program if you've been doing coke and weeds for 7-8 years. You are a cancer growth on the pain management field. I hope your doctor kicks you out of the clinic and your escourted out by security from the facility. You broke the patient doctor trust. I have to no piety for you. You are plan and simply a drug addict and using the medical profession to get your narcotics.

The PM doctor has to protect his license otherwise the it will be revoked and he's out of a job.

I am like gjnl, I never touched drugs or alcohol. I live a clean life. You get no sympathy from me.

Be careful on the knock on your door. It just may be the DEA.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

The PM doctor has to protect his license otherwise the it will be revoked and he's out of a job.
    I get that and don't think anyone, myself included, called that into question.

You get no sympathy from me.
    Never asked for it. Please don't try to make this about something it isn't.

As for the rest of the distortions of the facts, blind, uninformed judgements, name-calling and the like, I have zero interest in engaging you just so that you have a platform on which to proclaim exactly how much better you and your ways are than anyone who doesn't do as you do. I am very glad to see though that your disability has not kept you from getting up on that high horse and riding it to the elevator going to the very top of the ivory tower.

I would like to thank everyone else on this thread who made productive and helpful contributions.

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daveh0 View Post
    I get that and don't think anyone, myself included, called that into question.

Never asked for it. Please don't try to make this about something it isn't.

As for the rest of the distortions of the facts, blind, uninformed judgements, name-calling and the like, I have zero interest in engaging you just so that you have a platform on which to proclaim exactly how much better you and your ways are than anyone who doesn't do as you do. I am very glad to see though that your disability has not kept you from getting up on that high horse and riding it to the elevator going to the very top of the ivory tower.

I would like to thank everyone else on this thread who made productive and helpful contributions.
    You know, you really can't expect to come out with a post about how you're a junkie but want help bullshitting your doctor so he doesn't drop you, and expect much else, regardless what you "asked" for. People gaming the system like that ARE the problem. It's kind of ridiculous to expect help from the same people that pay for your kind of abuses, people that don't deserve it. You, on the other hand, deserve it. Take your lumps and move on. Hopefully that includes not fucking it up for the rest of us anymore. You have no moral authority to demand (or expect) sympathy and understanding. If you really "owned" this mistake you'd never have asked for advice on trying to weasel out of it.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

ou know, you really can't expect to come out with a post about how you're a junkie but want help bullshitting your doctor so he doesn't drop you, and expect much else, regardless what you "asked" for. People gaming the system like that ARE the problem. It's kind of ridiculous to expect help from the same people that pay for your kind of abuses, people that don't deserve it. You, on the other hand, deserve it. Take your lumps and move on. Hopefully that includes not fucking it up for the rest of us anymore. You have no moral authority to demand (or expect) sympathy and understanding. If you really "owned" this mistake you'd never have asked for advice on trying to weasel out of it.
    Alllllllright, this is starting to get ridiculous. I really wanted to prevent this thread from spiraling downward, but clearly I have been unsuccessful... bummer.

There seems be some confusion (for some regarding) the advice I am seeking. It certainly is not for help bullshitting my doctor, gaming the system or weaseling my way out of anything. And *again*, for anyone who interpreted anything I wrote as me claiming to have moral authority over anything much less demanding/expecting sympathy and understanding, I think we must be reading 2 different versions of this thread. In a nutshell, I am seeking advice for how to make this right. If that wasn't apparent to some people, there it is right now for you.

If you're still worked up about it (and that goes for anyone), I guess feel free to PM me and we can beat it into the ground a bit more. I'd rather be able to salvage this thread for future readers so that they can get the benefit of hearing "The way to make things right is to talk to your doctor, be honest and be willing to do whatever it takes to gain his trust back". I don't think there's much benefit in hearing "I do this. I do that. I'm better than you."

I don't take the responses here as saying, "I'm better than you." Rather I take them as saying that you have more work to do to own your predilection toward drug use in a more global sense than just this one incident with your doctor for which you are seeking to make amends. To those of us who have responded in a manner that you have found offensive or off base, we see you looking narrowly at your problem as how to patch things up with this doctor, not what we perceive as the broader scope of what well may be a life long pattern of drug use/abuse and how you intend to stop the harmful, recreational use of drugs forever.

As I said above, I really do wish you well, and hope you can find treatment for what sounds like a bigger problem than getting one doctor to trust you again.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Ditto with gjnl.

You are the person that makes it bad for the good people who are miserably in pain and are given NSAIDS. You didn't fuck up, got got busted! You should be thrown out of the program if you've been doing coke and weeds for 7-8 years. You are a cancer growth on the pain management field. I hope your doctor kicks you out of the clinic and your escourted out by security from the facility. You broke the patient doctor trust. I have to no piety for you. You are plan and simply a drug addict and using the medical profession to get your narcotics.

I am like gjnl, I never touched drugs or alcohol. I live a clean life. You get no sympathy from me.

Be careful on the knock on your door. It just may be the DEA.

Ti
    Funny you mention weed....

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth...ore-marijuana/

The CDC now states that THC might have no bearing on pain management.
    “Clinicians should not test for substances for which results would not affect patient management or for which implications for patient management are unclear,” the CDC states. “For example, experts noted that there might be uncertainty about the clinical implications of a positive urine drug test for tetrahyrdocannabinol (THC).”
    Perhaps you have been convinced like the rest of the country that weed is bad for you? 25% reduction is a huge statistic unless you don't trust the Government?

It is a bit of a stretch to call the OP "a cancer growth in the pain management field"?

I suppose you don't speed going to your job every day either? Be careful throwing that judgement around, it might hit you in the head some day sooner than later.

I think you are missing the OP's point, he didn't ask for your sympathy or your opinion of him as to his life choices.

A scarier and even more likely to happen scenario is the DEA knocking on your door for taking opiates rather than cocaine these days.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

One question.

Drugs for recreation or pain relief?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment removed by poster.
    Last edited by gjnl; 03-26-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    One question.

Drugs for recreation or pain relief?

Not a single one of my indiscretions were an act of self-medication. I don't feel it necessary to defend or give insight into the decisions I made as I did not post seeking anyone's personal beliefs on the matter. If any of that info would be factored into a response containing advice for my original topic that you wish to share, let me know and I'll answer anything as specifically as you like.

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***