Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Failed urine test. Now what?

What is the issue? Is there a safety issue mixing cocaine with opiates? Why do doctors care if you take cocaine or MDMA? Please tell me the doctors are concerned with patient well being.

Ok, I'll start by saying that I appreciate your response and agree that I've got my work cut out for me and I'm fully prepared to man up and get it done.

BUT this... really?

Man up to being 40 and get your act together. I was injured in 1982 at age 36, C6/7 complete, I know pain, I know depression, I know all of the trials and tribulations, but I don't do/never have done coke, I don't do/never have done illegal weed, I don't do/have never done any other party favors. Time to get the act together.

"i", "I", "I"... that's great that you do your thing and are pleased with yourself enough to compare your practices to someone else's who you've never met and know next to nothing about and all but stand up on that soapbox and dictate others' behavior. Thanks but no thanks. I feel there are very few people in one's life that are "allowed" to instruct them to "get the act together". Sadly, for me, random internet posters are pretty close to anchoring end of the line.

I'm not going to defend any of my actions because this is not what I started the thread fo. It seems ridiculous to even begin to go down that hole in response to someone who knows nothing about me, the substances in question or any aspect of my mindset/reasoning.a

Anyway, I'm not trying to start any sort of back and forth on this matter... and DEFINITELY not in his post. As i stated in my original post, I'd like to keep all that out of this thread so that the actual issue can be discussed unobscured by the judgement and lectures.

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***

Cocaine + opiates = speedball

High abuse potential. Lots of celebrity ODs with this combo.

Yes, lots of risks and warning bells to your Doc with this one.

What are you doing?

Go see your doc, and talk it out. Don't try to lie/hide. Talk it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    Cocaine + opiates = speedball

High abuse potential. Lots of celebrity ODs with this combo.

Yes, lots of risks and warning bells to your Doc with this one.

What are you doing?

Go see your doc, and talk it out. Don't try to lie/hide. Talk it out.

Couldn't agree more. And I would never mix....
    Anyway, thanks for the encouragement to talk to my Doc. At this point, I'm not trying to hide anything. It's not my style in the first place - I completely panicked in the moment today and denied... if i had a do-over....

Quote Originally Posted by daveh0 View Post
    Ok, I'll start by saying that I appreciate your response and agree that I've got my work cut out for me and I'm fully prepared to man up and get it done.

BUT this... really?

"i", "I", "I"... that's great that you do your thing and are pleased with yourself enough to compare your practices to someone else's who you've never met and know next to nothing about and all but stand up on that soapbox and dictate others' behavior. Thanks but no thanks. I feel there are very few people in one's life that are "allowed" to instruct them to "get the act together". Sadly, for me, random internet posters are pretty close to anchoring end of the line.

I'm not going to defend any of my actions because this is not what I started the thread fo. It seems ridiculous to even begin to go down that hole in response to someone who knows nothing about me, the substances in question or any aspect of my mindset/reasoning.a

Anyway, I'm not trying to start any sort of back and forth on this matter... and DEFINITELY not in his post. As i stated in my original post, I'd like to keep all that out of this thread so that the actual issue can be discussed unobscured by the judgement and lectures.
    Sorry, I just came back here to remove my comments. I have two friends who will most likely die of cancer within the month. I was reacting to your, "I'm sorry for myself" comments.

Mea Culpa,

All the best,
    GJ

Sorry, I just came back here to remove my comments. I have two friends who will most likely die of cancer within the month. I was reacting to your, "I'm sorry for myself" comments.

Mea Culpa,

All the best,
    GJ
    Again with the "I"s... but let's leave that alone for now. I appreciate-ish your sentiments, but am perplexed by the inclusion of:
    I was reacting to your, "I'm sorry for myself" comments.
    I'm not sure what I said that sparked that inference, but that couldn't be further from what I'm trying to communicate. In case my verbose writing style makes it difficult to extract the key points:
    • i fucked up
    • I was taken by surprise and obviously not thrilled by the circumstances I've created for myself. Also pissed at myself for the same reason as it was totally within my control.
    • I want to be honest with my doc (which is what I wish I done during my appointment this morning) and am seeking advice as to the best way to go about this.
    • I realize the consequences will be severe and will have no choice but to deal with them appropriately
    • I hope one of those consequences is NOT being dropped as a patient.
    • Again, seeking advice on optimal path for making things right and not losing the care/treatment I currently receive and find necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by daveh0 View Post
    Again with the "I"s... but let's leave that alone for now. I appreciate-ish your sentiments, but am perplexed by the inclusion of:

I'm not sure what I said that sparked that inference, but that couldn't be further from what I'm trying to communicate. In case my verbose writing style makes it difficult to extract the key points:
    • i fucked up
    • I was taken by surprise and obviously not thrilled by the circumstances I've created for myself. Also pissed at myself for the same reason as it was totally within my control.
    • I want to be honest with my doc (which is what I wish I done during my appointment this morning) and am seeking advice as to the best way to go about this.
    • I realize the consequences will be severe and will have no choice but to deal with them appropriately
    • I hope one of those consequences is NOT being dropped as a patient.
    • Again, seeking advice on optimal path for making things right and not losing the care/treatment I currently receive and find necessary.
    Now it is all in the hands of your provider and what you can work out with him/her and what changes you can really commit to making. I wish you well in your challenge.

All the best,
    GJ

Other comments aside I would say your age is an advantage. You aren't some kid and presumably lead a responsible life and not hanging around street corners giving handjobs for crack (just injecting some levity). I would tell the doctor you met an old college friend/were at a party/whatever and did a couple lines. It's not your lifestyle, you don't have a problem and tell him you will do whatever it takes to earn back his trust. The thing that would worry me is that even if your doctor is sympathetic, our nanny state may have tied his hands into a pre-described set of actions. Our countries drug laws are asinine, I hope this all turns out well for you.

i'd say this is pretty simple. You want coke or prescription drugs? If you want the script go back to your doc in 3-4 more weeks and ask for another test. If you're clean your good.

This is not a bad idea. You can offer to be tested monthly before you get each new script, sign a pain med contract, and regain his trust.