Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Electric Shocks

I agree with these posts and hope there is an answer.

I just got stung by a wasp this afternoon. The pain has gone now but it was a nasty bite. I took a Benadryl just to make sure I didn't react.
    Thanks David for the comments I looked up what you said about Chaz19 and some of us on here. There is different types of Nueropathy. I have the unpleasant kind.
    It has been a good weekend as my grandson was here to take my mind of this chore. Hope everybody had a Happy Father's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegalliazzo View Post
    I just got stung by a wasp this afternoon. The pain has gone now but it was a nasty bite. I took a Benadryl just to make sure I didn't react.
    Thanks David for the comments I looked up what you said about Chaz19 and some of us on here. There is different types of Nueropathy. I have the unpleasant kind.
    It has been a good weekend as my grandson was here to take my mind of this chore. Hope everybody had a Happy Father's Day.
    You might find this of interest.

http://www.painonline.org/mnemonic-central-pain/

Hi David
    There is one description that describes how I feel quite well. Thanks for the help I have read some more about the description of nerve pain that I feel. I do find ways to distract myself for awhile but it is difficult. It doesn't make it better but at least I understand what I am trying to deal with in order to act normal. That is the problem a lot of what I do is a reaction to Central Pain not what a normal person would do.
    I have taught myself to give it a break even though that is a lie.
    It beats being caught in a game that you can't win. part of the process of moving forward at a snail's pace.
    Thanks foe the input I hope it helps others too.
    I put the needs of others first and try to fit in with others schedules even though it means mine is quite weird.

I feel like a post hog buy I have nothing else to do.
    Not sleeping well seems to be part of this life and I don't let it bother ne as much as you can't. I need things to look forward too and I have those things even if they seem like minor things to a normal person. Moving causes pain but you have to be active in your life even though you shouldn't be there is no other choice.
    Trying to stop this disease is impossible and it has stopped me for ten years from doing normal things. It isn't much that I expect but to dread a day is not the life I choose. There is always something good about everyday even though you think(too much) that there shouldn't be.
    All you can do is get in line and have another go and hope things will turn around one day and they usually do if you just keep yourself busy.
    Somebody will appreciate what you are doing maybe even yourself. It doesn't have to make sense when you are this gibbled up.
    More spew

I am going to the GP tomorrow. Lately I have been trying to get by without pills and am actually feeling OK. I still feel there should be something to give me relief but do not know what it is. If anybody has any suggestions. The doctors in my town will not give out narcotics on a regular basis. Life should be simple and we should not have to depend on others to make our existence bearable. I am just venting on here as I have found it nice to talk about it SCI on here instead of the dinner table.
    There has to be a cure or some type of device that can cross the damaged area of our spines.
    Faking my way through life is getting old. I should be well on my way to recovery by now not just hoping I can have a decent summer holiday. arghhhhhhhhhh!

I've been trying to figure out what triggers my shocks. I thought maybe constipation, but that isn't it. So yesterday I noticed the electricity building up and the creepy crawly feeling was getting more intense. By late evening I had a couple of minor zaps, but didn't end up with a three day episode. This may sound strange, but could sitting on a hard surface for long periods, or sitting down to hard on something, set them off?

I wish I could stop my meds, every time I try the shocks come back with a vengeance. I'm lucky that I only have to deal with these shocks on and off. Sometimes I go a month or two between, which is far better than it used to be, maybe in time they will abate.

I'm still searching for a reason. What medications have you found to help?

Only Lyrica, it seems keep the frequency down. At one point I was getting them 2-3 times a week, hardly any sleep and could hardly function. I had weened myself off all my meds after my injury a dealt with the shocks for close to two years. People that can stop there meds impress me, I can't.

I think each of our bodies are different and the people that can stop there medication may have different ways to reduce their pain. I was able to stay on minimal medication for over a decade. As a result of severe recurrent chronic UTI/kidney/sepsis and muscle atrophy/bone degeneration – this has changed.

I have not tried Lyrica. I've heard of horrors stories and to be honest I'm afraid to try it.