Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advanced platform technology center clinical trial

I've still been working out my quads. They are gaining strength and size. I stood more at my last appointment using my implanted leads along with surface stimulation on my hamstrings, glutes, back extensors and obliques. Standing is getting easier. My next surgery to implant the stimulator device and connect to the rest of my standing and core muscles should be in the next couple months.

c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Thanks for the update. Love the look on your face in the pic! You look so straight and strong!

This is awesome! Keep it up, and thanks for sharing.

Testing is still going good. Just a couple minutes of standing in my leg braces with the knees unlocked and my quad stim turned on gets me breathing heavy and sweating. I can't wait to see what it does for my energy levels and endurance once the full system is implanted.
    My next surgery is going to be September 2nd to implant the 16 channel device and connect to the rest of my standing and core muscles.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

Wow, Bionic Wills77 this is so cool.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Great, looking forward to hearing more and thanks for the update!

My surgery went well now 6 weeks of taking it easy before I go back to turn the stim on and start working out more muscles.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

After 6 weeks of taking it easy since the surgery I am going back next week to start testing the rest of my muscles and standing using the stim.
    Here's a link to a youtube video of the APT team showing others who have the same implant as I have. The APT center took gold at the Cybathlon with their implanted fes system.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81KmjJ1flLY
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

Tuesday was my 1st day standing with the implanted system. It felt great! I stood 8-10 times for 1-3 minutes each. The more I stand the easier it gets and more stable I feel. We worked on different stim patterns that I can use for posture, working out, driving, bridging, etc. The one trunk pattern I can hold both arms straight out infront of me playing tug of war and I'm stable enough to drag my chair with the brakes on. The driving pattern gives me good posture and holds me back against the seat so I'm not constantly pushing against the steering wheel to hold myself back. The sit up pattern I can bend down until my chest is touching my knees, then sit back up without using my hands. All of the patterns I can turn the stim up or down depending how strong it want it to be.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2