Thread: Any have Caregivers ++/a part-full time job combo?

Any have Caregivers ++/a part-full time job combo?

Just wondering having say a part or full time job just to afford the extra income needed on top of SSI to live on own, how it meshes w/ caregive routine. Obviously they need sufficient hours to make a living, if u only need an hour in morning to get ready then say couple at night how is that supposed to work? That's not necessarily enough hours for them. I guess say they have other attendees you'd have to create a marginalized schedule for both..
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Most often the minimum number of hours for a "shift" would be 2; agencies usually require 4. You can find people who are looking for only part-time work...often they are students or have another full time job already. What you pay will make a big difference; and it is unlikely you will find someone who has to travel a significant distance to do a 2 hour shift for you, so recruiting as local as possible is best.

Often for my mother we had a morning person who did 2 hours, and another person in the evening for 2 hours (many times both were students). You of course need to be a little flexible about what time you are doing your routines within their class schedule, but they also need to be able to accommodate your work schedule. All of this should be included in any ads you run, and thoroughly discussed in both your written job description and in your interview of potential candidates for the job.

(KLD)

We'll yes small town, state local care crew already in place.. The state also is the employer/payee. It's Oregon..
    Like right now I'm at home they just upped the pay structure to $4000k mnth family as caregivers. It's $6000k for nurse facility so they're trying to save a bit for 24 hour care. Any how we can bring state payed care to come in its deducted from what's in place..
    I'm just trying to put together a scene of my own place & that would require all my SSI for rent then at least a part time job to cover other bills... yadda.. so yeah not sure the parameters of 2-4 minimum around here but would have to layout something to fit...
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..