Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New TR3...upgraded everything

I have a TR3 with 6" ergo. I tried the included Tension-Adjustable-by-Straps seat upholstery. I tightened the straps as tight as I could, but considerable sag still existed (I weigh about 210#). I didn't measure but I feel the difference is very close to one inch even with tight straps.

Full disclosure: I've never liked slings, have always used solid pans, have full sensation, and can walk a bit.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I use ROHO Contour select, without solid seat pan.

ADI CF seat pan is above seat tubes, to that is few millimetres, plus lag of the upholstery. So I think it's likely 1", than .5"...
    Last edited by Nick87; 07-25-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick87 View Post
    I user ROHO Contour select, without solid seat pan.

ADI CF seat pan is above seat tubes, to that is few millimetres, plus lag of the upholstery. So I think it's likely 1", than .5"...
    It may be 1" for you. My situation was a little different in that the wedged tray I had under my cushion took some of the sag out of the sling. Also, I weigh around 130 for what it's worth. So it may not have sagged as much as someone heavier.

Hi Brad, I was wondering what frame colour you chose - is it the Titanium Satin finish? If so, how easy does it get scratched? I see you can purchase 'buffing pads', and I wondered if that was to remove scratches, but I suspect not.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazatron View Post
    Hi Brad, I was wondering what frame colour you chose - is it the Titanium Satin finish? If so, how easy does it get scratched? I see you can purchase 'buffing pads', and I wondered if that was to remove scratches, but I suspect not.
    Yes it is the titanium satin finish. It gets scratched just as easy as any other finish, but the scratches are the same color as the frame just shinier/not satin. You have to really look hard to see the scratches. That is why I went with this finish. All my friends chairs that are painted (especially black) look terrible over time.

Thanks, perfect answer! Do you know anything about those buffing pads?

Blog Entries
    My buddy just uses one of those synthetic green scouring pads. Another uses Micromesh pads.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    My buddy just uses one of those synthetic green scouring pads. Another uses Micromesh pads.
    Thanks!