Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New TR3...upgraded everything

According to your size, not heavy.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Nice chair, How do like the ADI deep contour back? I`m looking for more support in a new back but don`t want to be constricted from leaning to the side to pick things up off the ground. I bought a Varilite Icon Wheelchair Back - Medium 16 X 12.7 but it doesn`t have the side support I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyarddog View Post
    Nice chair, How do like the ADI deep contour back? I`m looking for more support in a new back but don`t want to be constricted from leaning to the side to pick things up off the ground. I bought a Varilite Icon Wheelchair Back - Medium 16 X 12.7 but it doesn`t have the side support I was looking for.
    Thanks! I like the back, I had one on my last chair too. I originally had a J3 back years ago and the deep sides on this one help keep me from slouching as much, since I have no trunk control. I can still lean straight over to the sides but it is a little difficult to lean to the side and behind me. But that situation doesn't happen much, and I just readjust my chair so I can reach whatever I dropped.

It's good to see the ADI deep contour back on a chair. My husband also does not have good trunk control, and really slouches, especially when tired. It will be a while, but I think we will go for it then.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Nice chair.

If I may ask...what sort of bushes are those with the magenta blooms on them?

Blog Entries
    Kinda blurry but looks like an azalea in early bloom to me. Probably my "Virginia boy" bias though.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Nice chair.

If I may ask...what sort of bushes are those with the magenta blooms on them?
    haha, thanks. I think its a purple diamond loropetalum.

Wrong zone for sure for the loropetalum, and soil nowhere nearly acidic enough for azalea , drat. Must move, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    I'll start by saying this was an incredibly frustrating process dealing with Tilite. In all it took 5 months. We would give them the info, and they would send the CAD drawing wrong. I would mark it up and send it back, they would update it and send it back wrong again. This literally happened 3 or 4 times. So I finally got a drawing that was correct, signed it, sent it back and waited. When the chair came in the cross bar under my seat was supposed to be 10" from the backrest and they built it at 15", and my casters were over an inch farther apart than the drawing showed. So I sent it back and they built me another one. The second one had the wrong camber plugs, one of the casters is floating 1/8", and the backrest folds at a slight angle. I'm currently trying to get this resolved on my own, as I'm tired of dealing with Tilite. I will definitely be looking at other options for my next chair.
    I was talking to Phil at Melrose a few months ago about problems with Tilite and he told me they have corrected Tilite mistakes for some customers. So, that might be an option for you in getting it done right. http://www.melrosewheelchairs.com/in...8dedd8fd70853f

Quote Originally Posted by giles88 View Post
    I was talking to Phil at Melrose a few months ago about problems with Tilite and he told me they have corrected Tilite mistakes for some customers. So, that might be an option for you in getting it done right. http://www.melrosewheelchairs.com/in...8dedd8fd70853f
    Thanks, the local vendor I used was very helpful, but the only way to correct my issues was to have a whole new frame built. So the only way for me to have it done right was for tilite to do it the first time. And the problems I'm having with my second frame aren't worth waiting to have another one built...again.
    Last edited by Brad09; 03-21-2016 at 07:36 PM.