Thread: Royal Caribbean versus Norwegian Cruise lines

Royal Caribbean versus Norwegian Cruise lines

Taking a family trip in June. I have been on cruises before, but never with Norwegian. I just wondered if there were any strong opinions in regards to either of these cruise lines. I appreciate everyone's input.

RCCL is a mid-range cruise line, Norwegian is considered a budget line. You will find much better accessibility features on a RCCL ship vs. Norwegian as well. Keep in mind you pretty much get what you pay for in cruises...and will pay a little more for a little less herd-like treatment and lower crewassenger ratio.

(KLD)

I highly recommend R.C. My wife and I are loyal to Royal and found it is the best overall for us. I like the Oasis class ships. Bigger is better for us to get around in a wheelchair. Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale is a dream to go out of. Free parking for vehicle and really easy port. Just a thought. We tried NCL but did not like them. Way too many kids like carnival and overcrowded. The bigger ships have more elevators too. Wish you well. You will have a great time wherever you go.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    RCCL is a mid-range cruise line, Norwegian is considered a budget line. You will find much better accessibility features on a RCCL ship vs. Norwegian as well. Keep in mind you pretty much get what you pay for in cruises...and will pay a little more for a little less herd-like treatment and lower crewassenger ratio.

(KLD)
    I thought Norwegian was regarded as a more adult, luxury brand? I have zero personal experience in cruising - So don't pay me any attention. SCI - NURSE has cruised extensively and knows best.

What would a upper range line be?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    I thought Norwegian was regarded as a more adult, luxury brand? I have zero personal experience in cruising - So don't pay me any attention. SCI - NURSE has cruised extensively and knows best.

What would a upper range line be?
    No, Norwegian is fairly close to Carnival...party ships, young crowd, and fighting over chairs on the sun deck. You might be thinking about HAL, which is also midrange (similar to Princess, Celebrity, and RCCL)

Luxury cruise lines:

Crystal, Seabourn, Silversea, Regent Seven Seas, Oceania, Windstar, Azamara, Cunard

(KLD)