Thread: Is it bad to do bowel program on Monday and Friday?

Is it bad to do bowel program on Monday and Friday?

I don't eat a whole lot but i've noticed lately if i wait 3 days i have better results.

My program consists of inserting half suppository, transfer to toilet seat, massage, move around bend over and push. Usually happens after 30 to 45 min. i still stay on about 45 more min. trying to push out the rest of suppository but almost always have after effects later on.

Anybody else only go twice a week?

I go every three days as a rule and if I get busy and forget sometimes longer than three days. I just transfer on the toilet bend over and push and finish up with digital stimulation to make sure I do a complete movement. I try to spend 15 to 30 minutes at the most on the toilet. I also take two capsules of the equate fibercon each day which is a bulk forming fiber therapy/laxative

Guess i need to break down and learn how to digi-stim myself. Maybe i could get away from suppository all together. I know how, just got to get the tool and practice.

I realize it is harder with your level of injury, I just have no idea how much harder...If I had a high injury level I probably would use a suppository as well I can imagine it would kind of freak me out to use a tool not having any feeling I would be concerned I would hurt myself. I know it is doable because people have talked about doing it
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    Guess i need to break down and learn how to digi-stim myself. Maybe i could get away from suppository all together. I know how, just got to get the tool and practice.

are you eating enough? maybe you need to eat better.

No, suppository has to bring it down then you dig stim. Have you tried Enemeez instead of suppository? You don't have the mucus after wards?
    Recommend are every other day and definitely not more than 3 days.
    Stool softener?
    CWO

I eat good. I take percocet and morphine for pain so take colace pill twice daily, try to get a yogurt per day. Miralax occasionally as needed. Poop isn't hard. I usually go mon. wed. fri. it just hasnt been feasible since living alone with people coming at different times.

I'd have to try Enemeez on toilet chair. Don't think i'd be able to hold it in long enough.

Usually 1 1/2 hrs. Suppository, push til nothing else comes. But always have small, really smelly after effects 3-4 hrs later, everytime.