Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new suspension wheelchair

My new suspension wheelchair

Hi Everyone,

I am a long time lurker and now new poster.

I recently upgraded from a Marvel M1 to a custom Box wheelchair.
    https://goo.gl/photos/FcnRMv8GM1Z7yfhS8

It was a choice between the Icon and the Box.
    I chose to go with the box wheelchair because I think this kind of suspension works better and is closer to the style used on the Marvel.
    I have tried it going off and up curbs and through rough sidewalk terrain and it works well.

What do you guys think?

I love that chair it looks awsome

Exceptional!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Blog Entries
    I love to see other options out there. Not a huge fan of the design, but whatever, that hardly matters, but since you asked. Definitely a unique ride, and if it is perfect for you, that's what counts! Cheers.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    How is the weight comparison on a daily user basis ?

How does the suspension compare.

I love the suspension of the Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    How is the weight comparison on a daily user basis ?

How does the suspension compare.

I love the suspension of the Marvel.
    Overall I have found it to be lighter and easier to handle than the Marvel, even with the dual shocks.
    The suspension is a bit more stiff to actuate, however it doesn't change the COG much that you could lose control.
    The Marvel is probably the smoothest in terms of motion in the way it dampens. I still will keep my Marvel, but I really needed a new chair as I was developing cracks in the carbon fiber used on the seat pan.
    I also was very tired of the leg splay and too-small front wing traits that come with owning a Marvel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by millserd View Post
    I also was very tired of the leg splay and too-small front wing traits that come with owning a Marvel.
    I hear you! I have the same issue with the one collecting dust in my closet.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I post this for humor, but yeah a little modification of the footplate was required to allow me to keep using the Marvel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I post this for humor, but yeah a little modification of the footplate was required to allow me to keep using the Marvel.
    Hahahahahahaahahaha!!!!

I really don't understand why that chair (or its successor the Icon), whose claim to "fame" is "ultimate adjustability" would have such a critical dimension FIXED for everyone. ONE SIZE does NOT fit ALL!!!

Good gravy you must have added ten pounds from all that welding rod used. Sold my Marvel years ago.