Thread: Adjustable Lifts for counter and sink etc need input

Adjustable Lifts for counter and sink etc need input

In the process of getting the bathroom remodeled and looking for a lift to do an adjustable sink

So far I have only found Freedom lift in the US, seen many other outside of US but any where else is probably too high of a shipping cost

Anyone ever use an adjustable office desk and mount a vessel sink on it???
    seems as though it could be cheaper but then may not be good quality to hold up

Wondering what others may have done or used

thanks for the input
    Last edited by teacher2sped; 02-29-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Neither done it nor seen it done, but I was a journeyman plumber. IMO the biggest hurdle is the drain connection, which is either on the floor or enters the wall at a fixed height. Flexible water connections are common; flexible drain connections are not, especially ones that can withstand repeated adjusting.

I have some ideas, though. Can you post a pic of the wall and floor (showing plumbing connections) of where you want to put the sink?

Motorized, adjustable height tables into which you could install a sink are available stateside. I have one; it's way too big for a bath though at 36"x48".

Mention "indirect waste" to your plumber.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 02-29-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

No pics yet only in the planning process so far
    There are going to be several walls moved and all new plumbing
    There Freedom lift is over 3K so was researching other options

Considerusing an electric standup desk, an indirect waste connection to a floor sink, and stainless steel braided flexible water supplies. Use brass sink fittings (faucet and drain parts), not plastic except the indirect drain hose, which must be flexible. Your plumber will like this project (I know I would). He might have some other ideas (local plumbing code may dictate something different).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Only have found one desk option that can hold 355lbs, but contractor worried city may not approve

Well I found another option---possibly---- so wondering what thoughts are on these little puppies, these hold 1000lbs

website https://www.ergonomicpartners.com/ad...rk-tables.aspx

two options available an add-on one and an insert, since I will be starting from the ground up I really have a choice

and given I live in Earthquake area my city will probably not allow a free standing unit...

So was thinking I would put a U-shape housing around the back legs by the wall to bolt it in, but the legs would still be free moving inside the housing

Thoughts and Ideas very helpful, thanks to those who know enough about this stuff

I ran across this a while ago. If I remodel, I thought of a sliding vanity countertop with a vessel sink and a flex drain like those for slide-outs on RV's.

A low voltage actuator to move the counter in and out.