Thread: Vans

Vans

What vans are people turning to now that the E series Ford is gone?

If you are open to the idea of a minivan with a power chair, I know some local individuals who prefer Toyota Sienna conversions for because of the higher head space which they need due to the higher seat to floor height.

I found the MV-1 as a pretty good vehicle. Lots of headroom and interior space. and you can find some 2014's brand-new On eBay in the low 30s. I think the vehicle is like a crossover between the full-size van and an SUV or minivan. The biggest advantage I found is there's no conversion which usually where you get most of your problems. These vehicles are built simply to make them last along time. They have a ford drivetrain and the vehicle is made by a.m.general. Definitely worth a serious look.

I just transitioned to full size last year, wish I had done it 10 yrs ago. mini vans are to small for our needs, we haul my HC and wifes bike ect. and the ramp was a pain in the ass under ideal circumstances.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...an-walkthrough
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I agree with Kristopher here. I've owned several Ford full size vans (Ricon, Braun) and loved them, although finding parking and traveling inside cities were a pain. Just too big. On a long trip they really rode like a truck instead of a car. Bought a Honda Odyssey a few years ago with a VMI conversion. Conversion was nice. The Honda sucked and was very difficult to drive. Traded it for a Toyota Sienna and this thing is the shit (good). Drives like a car, easy steering, can park anywhere, roomy. I love it. If you don't need to carry a bunch of stuff around like John, I'd highly recommend a Toyota Sienna.

Check out a Sprinter. There's one for sale here:

~http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums/topic/37278-2013-2500-sprinter-high-roof-passenger-van-w-lift/
    Push me to the limit,
    maybe I may bend,
    but I will not be broken.
    -Bonnie Raitt

Ford still makes a full size van, the Transit. Only drawback is if you are wanting to drive. Ford put the battery under the driver seat, so that creates a problem with removing the seat. Chevy Express and Nissan NV are also available.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

We did look at the transit with a lift, but for side entry it would not fit in our garage because of the full raised roof. It is a nice ride--if you don't have to deal with clearing snow.
    Last edited by nathalia; 03-02-2016 at 08:03 PM.