Thread: Need to build core muscles in a hurry!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need to build core muscles in a hurry!!!

Hey guys, I am T4 complete injury and used to have really strong core muscles from water skiing, kayaking and hand cycling. I got taken out of the game somewhat by couple of injuries resulting in muscle loss and a poor sitting posture that further resulted in rounding of my shoulders. I now have an impeded bicepital tendon in the front of my left shoulder.
    I am looking for suggestions on how to work out and exercise in as many ways possible to build up my core and back muscles to push my shoulders back into a better position? The kicker is, I have to isolate use of the bicep as much as possible in my left arm!!!
    Any and all suggestions very much appreciated

roller

Try a wrestlers bridge. Lay on your back, push you head and arms (if possible) against the surface, while you tighten your core.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Try a wrestlers bridge. Lay on your back, push you head and arms (if possible) against the surface, while you tighten your core.
    Hey thanks BFD, amazing how little things like this exercise play a roll in the big picture!

The best suggestions is for you to get soft tissue manipulation if possible for your Bicep and Bicep Tendon. In order to correct your shoulders from rounding. you should do back exercises like Lat Pull Downs/ anything that has the motion of pull ups. This should strengthen your back and increase stability less rounding of the shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIMAN View Post
    The best suggestions is for you to get soft tissue manipulation if possible for your Bicep and Bicep Tendon. In order to correct your shoulders from rounding. you should do back exercises like Lat Pull Downs/ anything that has the motion of pull ups. This should strengthen your back and increase stability less rounding of the shoulders.
    Thanks These are my main workouts I have started

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Thanks These are my main workouts I have started
    Hi roller

Do you know which movements in particular irritate your Biceps tendon? Lat Pulldowns can be tricky, depending on your grip location they can activate that area and irritate it. I would suggest using a close grip with the palms facing either toward you or away.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Hi roller

Do you know which movements in particular irritate your Biceps tendon? Lat Pulldowns can be tricky, depending on your grip location they can activate that area and irritate it. I would suggest using a close grip with the palms facing either toward you or away.
    Hi Snowman, close grip and reach/movement from my left arm reaching across to the right hurts. I'm not using any weights right now, rather using my own body weight. So far, I am lying on bench under a squat rack with bar above shoulders, pulling up (overhand) to about 45* and holding for several seconds, then easing back down but not all the way, then back up. About 15 reps x3. From same position, pulling stretch bands down and holding elbows at sides at 90* I wonder do we know one another? I'm in Vista???