Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UPMC clinical trial

Well we will never know because it will never be studied. But majority of people after injury just lay in bed especially higher injuries that can't get themselves up.which is a reasonable excuse that I say myself, and it is a very real fact. but even still I didn't work hard enough right after injury, didn't have many if any options but that's life. And I hate myself for it,and For a few other reasons related to this disgusting injury. I just wish I had the knowledge I do now back then, i'm not talking bust my ass I'm talking Unhuman relentless Religious consistency in Every aspect trying to move visualizations come up in that Erigo every day as many times a day as you can to stimulate circulation, contract the muscles, stimulate the CPG, buy my own vibration plate tilt table to stimulate the sensory nerves,pounding back a ridiculously healthy organic yet disgusting diet blend it up and put it up my nose, amino acids, tons of b vitamins and magnesium etc to help my nervous system calcium for the bones and most importantly to help conduct contractions, screw laying around and get those cheap artificial protein shakes up the nosethat have no real nutrition, continuous electro stim on the soles of my feet and palm of my hands all night. Sleep is no excuse!! A magnetic negative energy admitting bed pad under me for groundingand healing. Get that nutrition, constantly move prevent infections and secondary complications at all cost so my body can focus on healing. If I did all that religiously, constantly Before the axons shiveled away, before the muscles atrophiced obviously with the help of my family and friends I would've recovered, without a doubt. And My injury was as bad as it gets in terms of damage to the neck and spinal cord. But instead I just listened to the doctors got that crap nutrition, barely moved, Cried and whined, listen to other idiots, got neglected, lung collapsed, major bedsores, blood infection, pneumonia spent nine months in the hospital doing that no real exercise, because I was just ignorant and frankly doctors are idiots and that hospital was ill equipEd.so within a month my beautiful strong lively body withered away...
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 03-02-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Dr Young used to call that ' learned non-use.'

That's the difference between US and Canadian rehab ... let's get you up vs here's your chair and there's the door.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hey guys UPMC stands for University Pittsburgh Medical Center. If you would like to know more at the bottom of the article is a phone number

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Dr Young used to call that ' learned non-use.'

That's the difference between US and Canadian rehab ... let's get you up vs here's your chair and there's the door.
    C I absolutely despise that, but you are absolutely right sadly. Toronto Western has the Erigo and to my understanding they use it but then again sometime nurses from my experience don't follow protocol to the T

TIRR in Houston wanted me to do nothing. They were more concerned with me learning to put on a sock than allowing me to use the Motomed. I left.

Quote Originally Posted by PC720 View Post
    Hey guys UPMC stands for University Pittsburgh Medical Center. If you would like to know more at the bottom of the article is a phone number
    I looked up to see where the trial sites were located. There are 13 trial locations in the United States. They are in Houston, TX; Miami, FL; Salt Lake City, UT; Minneapolis, MN; Milwaukee, WI; Chicago, IL; Ann Arbor, MI; Pittsburg, PA; Baltimore, MD; Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY; Palo Alto and Downey CA. There may be other sites opening up in the future.

Ermm... where and why was this post moved??

EDIT looks like it was moved to the cure section as opposed to out of it... i think.

Great info guys, it's reassuring to know alots going on with SCI.

For those that are more learned/experienced, is it fair to say that in the past few years alot of progress or atleast interest in SCI is being made?

Or has stuff like this been mentioned for decades?

Regards x

Quote Originally Posted by taymas View Post
    Ermm... where and why was this post moved??

EDIT looks like it was moved to the cure section as opposed to out of it... i think.

Great info guys, it's reassuring to know alots going on with SCI.

For those that are more learned/experienced, is it fair to say that in the past few years alot of progress or atleast interest in SCI is being made?

Or has stuff like this been mentioned for decades?

Regards x
    There were two threads in cure about this same UPMC trial location that were probably combined. UPMC is just one location out of the 13 sites available for this PATHWAY CLINICAL TRIAL.

Here's an article that appeared a couple days ago about one of the two sites in California. LINK

Grammy, is there so many major clinical trials like these past 2-3years last time? Or is it just like this all along? sorry for my poor command of english.