Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Keith Smith . "We are going to walk again! "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It looks like the fingers are being pointed at me for hijacking the thread. The original poster has a good video, looks like I'm the only one that watched it. I may have pushed him as it took almost two months but he did respond with a "thank you". He has made progress by trying which is more than can be said for some others. I am old school and have learned to play the cards I've been dealt because if I don't, I know SCI has won. I'm not going to sit around bitching and moaning while waiting to get fixed, life is too short the way it is. We don't need to be so sensitive to not make jokes. No two injuries are the same, I enjoy giving credit where it's due, the original poster gets my vote!
    I don't think any body is pointing a finger at you. I was agreeing with you earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It looks like the fingers are being pointed at me for hijacking the thread. The original poster has a good video, looks like I'm the only one that watched it. I may have pushed him as it took almost two months but he did respond with a "thank you". He has made progress by trying which is more than can be said for some others. I am old school and have learned to play the cards I've been dealt because if I don't, I know SCI has won. I'm not going to sit around bitching and moaning while waiting to get fixed, life is too short the way it is. We don't need to be so sensitive to not make jokes. No two injuries are the same, I enjoy giving credit where it's due, the original poster gets my vote!
    That's really sad that that's your outlook, SCI wins when it continues to affect people's health and quality-of-life. SCI loses when it is eradicated by becoming treatable, which means all of us should join together to help ourselves but also make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else, that's a real victory over SCI! I'm truly sorry it happened to you in a time where that glimmering light wasn't even remotely realistic, even though I'm sure somebody told you five years it'll happen they had no grounds to say that. Nowadays there's actual human trials,people are showing real results spinal cord regeneration is proving to be possible. ( although I THINK people injured in 2018 will be the lucky ones let's help them out at least we all know nobody deserves this) It's just depressing to see that outlook, everyone fights cancer by going to their treatments, eating better trying alternative therapies at the same time and they claim victory by entering remission! Spinal cord injury seems to be the only thing where the consensus is your fighting by just accept it, living with it , as someone that is almost completely dependent which means somebody else is doing the lifting nothing could be farther from the truth! No wonder treatment research isn't farther along for something as destructive as spinal cord injury.