Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working from home?

Working from home?

Want to get back to work.

How many of you have been able to find real work from home jobs?

IMO the most lucrative work from home is CODING, if you can swing the degree, or even a certificate

Outside of that, telemarketers/call banks will often pipe their calls to your home, database work will often lend itself to home work

I have always worked outside my home till now, BUT am considering a degree in coding for insurance later in life

Also, i am a licensed counselor, and almost landed a job doing tele-therapy, mental health consultation solely on the phone, from my home

Good luck man, not an expert, just my views/ideas

Get a hold of your local vocational rehab office. They'll hook you up with whatever you'd be best at. And if need be, they'll pay for any schooling you need to get there
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    Get a hold of your local vocational rehab office. They'll hook you up with whatever you'd be best at. And if need be, they'll pay for any schooling you need to get there
    (OVR ) Pay for hand controls,but that was it.I remember call my counselor ever Thursday for a year. Maybe you'll have better luck!

Yeah Voc rehab is like some roughly rounded guessing game.. pretty useless branch of Human services for SCI except for paying for schooling I suppose.
    Second the 1st response. Coding where it's at if your that adept tech oriented/

@LeeninNC..u have any good advice besides googling how to best get started in that arena?
    Last edited by Stormycoon; 02-29-2016 at 08:11 PM.
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Quote Originally Posted by stacyd View Post
    (OVR ) Pay for hand controls,but that was it.I remember call my counselor ever Thursday for a year. Maybe you'll have better luck!

My experience in NC was much better. They paid the hell out of some school, but after that I get the feeling you're kinda on your own. In my state they have very strict rules and goals and they want to get you up to a 4 year degree... they don't really care if you work after that or not, I'm pretty sure they're only tracking degrees

I spent the last 30 years of my working life as a registered investment advisor managing investments for individuals and a couple of foundations. Our family lawyer was also SCI and worked out of his residence.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

If possible, can you consider working outside the home as first step, or are you doing this already? There may be more contacts one can make while working outside the home that could lead to a plan for work from home.
    You may benefit from state vocational rehab. for college/training program; or, veteran's voc. rehab.
    Working from home would benefit from "go-getter" skills, ability to problem solve, be creative, resourceful.

I have managed last 13 years, since my injury, to wark from my home in printing business
    as label and nameplate designer, salesman and broker. I have established BrassName com in 1996.
    Main market for us is actually USA where we have 90% business (even we are in Canada).
    I am reluctant to move to office space even sometimes I am overloaded
    with work and should hire more people which is hard to do when you are working from family home...
    Anyone else in similar business here?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Here is an article I heard of on a weekly broadcast for

Work at home and earn good money as a customer service rep

http://www.komando.com/cool-sites/27...iate-from-home