Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missing members?

I think the botched software upgrade has/had a big affect on users. Why come to a site if you don't know if it will work. Once you get out of the habit of not visiting a site, something else will fill the void/need/whatever. Did Apparelyzed pick up the slack????? Don't go there, so don't know.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-MN View Post
    I think the botched software upgrade has/had a big affect on users. Why come to a site if you don't know if it will work. Once you get out of the habit of not visiting a site, something else will fill the void/need/whatever. Did Apparelyzed pick up the slack????? Don't go there, so don't know.
    I don't do social media or go to other forums, so I don't know the particulars - but I do know that many formerly active members of CC continue to communicate with each other on Facebook, either in addition to, or instead of, this forum. I agree with you that the software changeover several years ago had major repercussions, and the forum has never recovered its vibrance.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Oh no, I can't believe Anty died!

I used the site regularly for years to cope. Then eventually I could spread my wings and fly. I give many props to my growth from here. I didn't like the cliquey types because we should all be here for each other in our battles. A few were here to tear people down instead of building them up. That got old and I became more than "my injury "so 2012ish was it for me.

I am a couple of weeks away from my 10 year anniversary and will be spending it with my first ever pressure sore! For me,this has been like getting injured all over again with all of the scary depressing thoughts. Especially when fighting some major pain issues(damaged intercostal muscles). Been out of commission for a month and I've finally calmed my nerves. I was super lucky to have caught it in time and hope to only see this wound vac for a month. It really made me feel the vulnerabilities of this injury like it's initial strike and just laying around does make you wonder about death. I opened the "oldest living sci" thread before this. Seeing 2 deaths we know of since my last time on the open boards and there being about 3 right before leaving. Depressing.

Yes, really really sad about Anty and all who have passed. I'm so sorry that you have a pressure sore and hope it heals thoroughly, never to return!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Oh no - I'm sorry about your pressure sore quad79! Ten years is about when my feet started to give me trouble. Though, I had a surgical flap done for a tailbone sore at age 15 (paralyzed at 12).

That's what REALLY sucks about paralysis. I hope they figure out the electrical stim thing for all of us or a way to prevent these stupid things.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Damn Shannon......sorry to hear of your pressure sore, but am very glad to see you on here still! Saw a post from Ryan360 (another W alumni) the other day. Seems he is fighting a sore as well. But he did mention he did something to cut the recovery time down a bit.

L-Arginine and L-Citruline I think the second one was called ... tried the first but not the second. Ordered some to try together.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

As a n00b I really appreciate this site. The political stuff is a huge detractor for me - no need to have that nonsense bleed into a place like this. So much vitriol. As such the politics drives me to spend more time on apparalyzed as there is just less hatred and spewing of simpleton talking points I can hear on TV or any number of other places.

What brings me back to Care Cure are a few very insightful members (GAMMY, GJ and more) and the SCI-Nurse contributions.

So this n00b would encourage toning down the politics and name calling of the goal is to grow this community.

I couldn't agree more with Mize. There is too much hate in the world as it is. It sickens me so I try to avoid & counteract it as much as possible. Apparalyzed originates in the UK, do you think the Brits are more civilized with each other? In any case, I check into this website a lot for positive and useful information, usually avoiding the political forum topics, but when an otherwise innocuous thread turns nasty, I stop reading. What else can you do? It's just a shame that humans have to be so chauvinistic, bigoted and violent. It will be our downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    As a n00b I really appreciate this site. The political stuff is a huge detractor for me - no need to have that nonsense bleed into a place like this. So much vitriol. As such the politics drives me to spend more time on apparalyzed as there is just less hatred and spewing of simpleton talking points I can hear on TV or any number of other places.

What brings me back to Care Cure are a few very insightful members (GAMMY, GJ and more) and the SCI-Nurse contributions.

So this n00b would encourage toning down the politics and name calling of the goal is to grow this community.

That was it Lynnifer. Crap, you are dealing with a sore also? Or trying to avoid one.