Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missing members?

Still dealing with feet and no longer working so it's my full time job! Bladder and bowel went off on me (another prolapse) so trying to protect my arse is full-time too.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Aren't people still getting their IPs banned for whatever reason and assume the site is still down? If that's true, it can't help. Looks like the upgrade mess is what lost quite a few people and they never came back.

To be honest, this place has been so dead compared to what it used to be that it's not really worth checking very often. I pop in once in a while to ask a few questions knowing I might get an answer or two if I'm lucky or to catch up on a private message but that's it...wouldn't be surprised if that's why people don't stick around and why the site isn't really picking up momentum. Where has Wise and the admins been? I get the impression they all gave up on this place, well at least SCI nurses are still here. Of course I'm super thankful for all the info on here but it's really too bad, it used to be so much more!

Sucks you are dealing with those issues. Any progress on the feet? No kidding on the buttock watch! I get somewhat antsy when I sit too long at meetings. My boss doesn't get it with the SCI. Man believes he knows everything there is to know about my injury, and can make judgment calls on the dime of whether I am "faking it". He got his ass lit up by me after he made a snide comment last week about my slowness. I have had near enough with his BS. But no more of my pissing/moaning .........I do hope you will get a quick recovery from these ailments.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Still dealing with feet and no longer working so it's my full time job! Bladder and bowel went off on me (another prolapse) so trying to protect my arse is full-time too.
    Wow, that sucks sweetie. You've been battling that poor foot for entirely too long! Now bowel and bladder. I get you about the booty, oh do I!

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Damn Shannon......sorry to hear of your pressure sore, but am very glad to see you on here still! Saw a post from Ryan360 (another W alumni) the other day. Seems he is fighting a sore as well. But he did mention he did something to cut the recovery time down a bit.
    Thanks to not only you but Bonnete and Lynnifer too. It's my worst nightmare come true and I'm struggling to mentally get through this hurdle. I changed a lot from my earlier days and thought I had this thing under grips. As a incomplete, 99% of my returned/returning sensation hurts. I don't handle pain meds well. Things just seem to be bitterly redundant.

Yeah, I remember Ryan. I wonder if he's referring to the wound vac speeding up recovery. I'm amazed and relieved by the way it has improved so quickly.

Sorry to read about your boss...if only others were more understanding. Shift around all you need to. Idk why it bothers others when we do but I've often seen those wtf are you doing looks while weight shifting. Then to call you slow!
    L

I am not here much, probably not enough to miss, but I will soon have reason to stop coming. I lost my son this week to sepsis. I may offer some of his things in the forum but then this place that I have turned to in times of trouble, triumph, panic, etc., will no longer be for me.

Good luck to everyone. Universal blessings.

I am so very sorry for your sad loss, please accept my most heartfelt condolences.

Oh, Mommycares, I am so sorry.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

I wish I had the right words, just know that I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommycares View Post
    I am not here much, probably not enough to miss, but I will soon have reason to stop coming. I lost my son this week to sepsis. I may offer some of his things in the forum but then this place that I have turned to in times of trouble, triumph, panic, etc., will no longer be for me.

Good luck to everyone. Universal blessings.
    So sorry to hear that......