Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FES Bike

Zwift would sell me too. Also I'm under the impression that the Myocycle isn't yet available and only does three muscle groups per leg compared to six for the latest RT300.
    T3-T7 complete since Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Alan, your website says that no other bike is isokinetic yet rt300 adjusts resistance and has a fixed rpm with motor support, how is your bike different to this? Is the bike configurable via a network/computer? Can ride data be dowloaded for analysis? Do you have a zwift interface? As a high quad with no hand/arm movement so Cannot configure the rt300 that I rent I have to do it remotely via my computer. Would really like that Zwift interface so I can ride a with my friends https://zwift.com
    mrb,
    You are right that if you carefully tweak a bunch of the settings on the RT300 you can make it act isokinetic (by setting target and control speed the same, increasing resistance to max, etc.), but the stimulation is designed to increase in response to a speed error. As opposed to trying to track a certain SPEED, the MyoCycle keeps you at the same speed and applies stimulation to help you maximize POWER. We believe this does a better job loading the musculoskeletal system and providing a good workout.

The MyoCycle wirelessly uploads all workout data to our online portal. The portal currently only supports clinical customers, but weekly updates of your workout summary data and progress are emailed to you and we hope to support home users on the portal soon.

The bike design automates a lot of the configuration making it very easy to use. It does not have the same adjustability as an RT300, but you can start your workout with 4 easy button presses.

That zwift interface is really cool and is something we could make the MyoCycle compatible with in the future!
    FES cycling for EVERYONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Zwift would sell me too. Also I'm under the impression that the Myocycle isn't yet available and only does three muscle groups per leg compared to six for the latest RT300.
    That's right; the MyoCycle currently only stimulates quads, glutes, and hams on each leg. We submitted for FDA clearance 48 days ago (but who's counting?), so we should have the greenlight to begin sales soon.

I will have to look into more detail about Zwift...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamlet View Post
    mrb,
    You are right that if you carefully tweak a bunch of the settings on the RT300 you can make it act isokinetic (by setting target and control speed the same, increasing resistance to max, etc.), but the stimulation is designed to increase in response to a speed error. As opposed to trying to track a certain SPEED, the MyoCycle keeps you at the same speed and applies stimulation to help you maximize POWER. We believe this does a better job loading the musculoskeletal system and providing a good workout.

The MyoCycle wirelessly uploads all workout data to our online portal. The portal currently only supports clinical customers, but weekly updates of your workout summary data and progress are emailed to you and we hope to support home users on the portal soon.

The bike design automates a lot of the configuration making it very easy to use. It does not have the same adjustability as an RT300, but you can start your workout with 4 easy button presses.

That zwift interface is really cool and is something we could make the MyoCycle compatible with in the future!
    Thanks for the reply Alan. I'm used to setting up the RT300 from a clinician log in so like being able to configure the parameters. My RT300 adjusts stim to power not rpm. The relationship between power and resistance/rpm is very close but stim doesn't increase decrease with rpm, it is usually triggered by a change in power. It is clear when using ramp up to gradually increase stim to a preset rpm, it often over shoots the rpm, slows down then adjusts stim and does so even when rpm isn't at cntrol. It is hard to explain but I watch power not rpm to see how fast stim is increasing. It is all interesting stuff wish I had more time to fully understand it all. I'm still working in pedal bike industry hence wanting Zwift, Strava would be another option as I will be using that with my mountain bike wheelchair. I'll keep watching development and might be interested once I see pricing, I rent my RT300 at the moment. Have you got international distribution setup? I'm in the UK.

Not yet; We are currently working on regulatory approvals including CE marking. We should start shipping to the EU this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamlet View Post
    Not yet; We are currently working on regulatory approvals including CE marking. We should start shipping to the EU this year.
    Good luck with that one I've wasted a lot of time reading and complying with BS/IS 4210 on bicycles!

how much do these bikes cost? I didn't see it on the websites

Quote Originally Posted by mjwrides View Post
    how much do these bikes cost?
    In December 2012 I paid $19,000 without tax for my RT300-SLSA (leg and arm model). I was quoted $14,000 for the leg only model. These prices were with a 10% end of the year discount.

Insanely expensive but the benefits are so great that I wish I had taken out a loan and purchased it sooner.