Thread: Waterproof cover/bed bath on a Sleep Number bed?

Waterproof cover/bed bath on a Sleep Number bed?

Hi,

After going through 3 low air loss mattresses in less than 3 years, we are thinking about a Sleep Number bed. My son gets bed baths, and will for at least another year or so. His Drive medical and current Mason Air beds have covers good for this.

Does anyone have a water tight cover like that on their Sleep Number bed?

i don't want to buy another POS low air loss bed only to have the butt bottoming out after a few months use -- which is where we are now, again.

SN has a 5 yr replacement guarantee with their matress cover. its expensive but the guarantee is no questions asked. we have used the policy 2x now. fyi- the sleep number is amazing. get the flex adj frame too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommycares View Post
    Hi,

After going through 3 low air loss mattresses in less than 3 years, we are thinking about a Sleep Number bed. My son gets bed baths, and will for at least another year or so. His Drive medical and current Mason Air beds have covers good for this.

Does anyone have a water tight cover like that on their Sleep Number bed?

i don't want to buy another POS low air loss bed only to have the butt bottoming out after a few months use -- which is where we are now, again.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Thanks Fuentes, we would have to put it on an elevating hospital bed frame to accommodate for transfers, and caregiving. I don't see that the SN adjustable frame elevates.

The mattress cover is a must. My sp tube leaked one night and everything was soaked in urine except for the mattress. Well worth the $. I also have the flex adjustable frame and love it. I did purchase leg extensions to put the bed up higher.