Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 222

Thread: When will Epidural Stimulation ever be brought to the masses?

  1. #11
    Jen you need to find something to live for, some kind of interest, a passion. Mine became sports and I really miss it for now, I had bladder surgery about 5 weeks ago and am still having some complications so sports for now is out of the question, but we as humans are great at adaptability, like how people even very severely disabled can adapt. Reason I started this post is I just hate the way things are handled with the whole SCI research thing. Something so simple as the Epi-Stim device should be brought to the masses of Spinal Cord Injured people as soon as possible, not test and test and more test. Even if the more fancy unit is not available with the mulit zillion channels, just bring what worked for those 4 guys in the trials to the masses. We all want better lives and some of us have been waiting a long time.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 02-13-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  2. #12
    Here's a typical emailing I get from the CR Foundation.https://www.kintera.org/site/c.ddJFK...CEC74C076E3BD0 Anybody want to guess what the CEO makes a year? A good portion of my $$$ would be going to pay for his great lifestyle if I were to contribute more. It goes on and on.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  3. #13
    Well CR Foundation is at 58 Percent of the goal, once at 100 percent what happens? It's been going at least a couple years. I know the trials don't end until 2020. What then a Big Idea part 2 to raise another chunk of money over 6 years? http://www.reevebigidea.org
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  4. #14
    I don't even know why I get in such a huff over all this, does this not simply look like the initiation of spasticity? http://www.reevebigidea.org/the-research When I'm laying down (been this way for near 35 years) if I arch my back just a tiny bit my legs jump the same way as in this video. The electricity from the stimulator is simply creating more excitability of the reflex arc and causing the spastic movements in the legs, I can see it plain as the sunshine will rise tomorrow mourning.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  5. #15
    I welcome any of the four who have had the Epidural Stimulation Implant (I'm sure there are more out there now than that) to come onto the forums and discuss things. Where do things stand right now? We will listen with open ears and not be subjective or demeaning. We all just seek the truth.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  6. #16
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    I have sent him a link to register and warned him he would be barraged with questions including personal ones about bowel, bladder and sexual function. I'm waiting to hear back from him as to when he can do this.

    I'll try to find the other three for a similar chat.

    For anyone not familiar, this is Mr Shillcox's story ...

    http://www.reevebigidea.org/dustin-story
    Last edited by lynnifer; 02-13-2016 at 04:58 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  7. #17
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Quote Originally Posted by josieand1 View Post
    Not true...Your adorable dog would miss you!
    Yes she would! She constantly goes to the door, according to my dog-sitter, looking for me. It's a constant lick-face-fest when we are re-united. Mornings and evenings in bed I have to pry her from me as well.

    Everytime we go out though, someone wants to take her home. I live to serve my dog and my quest is to find her continual new treats to try that don't contain gluten or wheat flour or anything from China. lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

  8. #18
    From what I have heard the "best" results came from the ASIA Bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I have sent him a link to register and warned him he would be barraged with questions including personal ones about bowel, bladder and sexual function. I'm waiting to hear back from him as to when he can do this.

    I'll try to find the other three for a similar chat.

    For anyone not familiar, this is Mr Shillcox's story ...

    http://www.reevebigidea.org/dustin-story

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Jen you need to find something to live for, some kind of interest, a passion. Mine became sports and I really miss it for now, I had bladder surgery about 5 weeks ago and am still having some complications so sports for now is out of the question, but we as humans are great at adaptability, like how people even very severely disabled can adapt. Reason I started this post is I just hate the way things are handled with the whole SCI research thing. Something so simple as the Epi-Stim device should be brought to the masses of Spinal Cord Injured people as soon as possible, not test and test and more test. Even if the more fancy unit is not available with the mulit zillion channels, just bring what worked for those 4 guys in the trials to the masses. We all want better lives and some of us have been waiting a long time.
    Hey Curt – I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe we're not hearing the whole story…

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Hey Curt – I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe we're not hearing the whole story…
    I know Chaz, that's why I wonder if the real story is that it was hyped up for the media reports with the goal of raising as much funding as possible, I'm no dummy. Seen this before. What really bother me is they dangle this in front of all of us who are suffering when in the real world what's paralyzed stays paralyzed.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Similar Threads

  1. Wait or Buy?
    By Mike Honcho in forum Computers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 03:38 PM
  2. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 02:41 AM
  3. I cannot wait....
    By CurlieQCarrie in forum Life
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 09:55 AM
  4. Wait
    By the man in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •