Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Chair Weight

  1. #11
    Suspended Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,722
    Curiosity got the best of me while taking care of some outstanding maintenance issues...some broken down weights using a small piezo scale:

    18x18 Jay2 gel cushion: 5.7lb

    TiLite tubular armrest (ea): 0.9lb

    26" Spox wheel, nearly worn Marathon Plus/Schwalbe tube, aluminum pushrim, Titanium axle (ea): 4.4lb

    18x18 current gen TiLite TR, adjustable sling back, std sling bottom, std forks,
    Froglegs hard-roll 5" aluminum wheels, Titanium stems, locking-down backrest mechanism
    aluminum TiLite scissor locks from 2003, custom .75lb aluminum footplate: 16.5lb

    Total: 32.8lb. Seems to jive with a '32lb' weight quoted by the rehab joint scale.

  2. #12
    Senior Member tarheelandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    544
    Blog Entries
    2
    My Quickie Ti weights 26#

  3. #13
    My ZR as seen is 22#
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #14
    Suspended Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    My ZR as seen is 22#
    Is that with or without the trophy for the best styled chair around?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Suburb Near Chicago
    Posts
    810
    17x18 TiLite Zr. 24.3lbs. Have JetStream low back also.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Curiosity got the best of me while taking care of some outstanding maintenance issues...some broken down weights using a small piezo scale:

    18x18 Jay2 gel cushion: 5.7lb

    TiLite tubular armrest (ea): 0.9lb

    26" Spox wheel, nearly worn Marathon Plus/Schwalbe tube, aluminum pushrim, Titanium axle (ea): 4.4lb

    18x18 current gen TiLite TR, adjustable sling back, std sling bottom, std forks,
    Froglegs hard-roll 5" aluminum wheels, Titanium stems, locking-down backrest mechanism
    aluminum TiLite scissor locks from 2003, custom .75lb aluminum footplate: 16.5lb

    Total: 32.8lb. Seems to jive with a '32lb' weight quoted by the rehab joint scale.
    Thanks for replying to the thread Andy, it's nice to know i'm not the only one pushing 32 plus Lbs. I'm surprised your TR weighs that much with ti axles and fork stems in it.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,596
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    17x18 TiLite Zr. 24.3lbs. Have JetStream low back also.
    I'd love more detail on the specs of this ZR! Andy's 18x18 TR3 has a base frame weight lower than an equally sized ZR, and his total weight is 32lbs!

    What kind of casters, rear wheels, cushion, wheel locks, side guards, camber tube, etc? Do you have a fixed back or adjustable?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

    "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Is that with or without the trophy for the best styled chair around?
    All in =

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Suburb Near Chicago
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I'd love more detail on the specs of this ZR! Andy's 18x18 TR3 has a base frame weight lower than an equally sized ZR, and his total weight is 32lbs!

    What kind of casters, rear wheels, cushion, wheel locks, side guards, camber tube, etc? Do you have a fixed back or adjustable?
    I'd have to dig out and locate the order form. I spec'd this chair in 2009 for purchase from SportAid.
    I can tell you now, I don't have wheel locks. Hate them. Lol..
    No camber tubes
    I made my own side guards out of aluminum. The frame of my chair is all polished.
    Fixed back also.

  10. #20
    Dam nice looking chair!!

Similar Threads

  1. Tilite chair advertised weight vs actual weight-
    By Fallingwithstyle in forum Equipment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-18-2018, 12:18 AM
  2. Adding weight to front of chair
    By brian in forum Equipment
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 12:48 AM
  4. weight of wheel chair
    By denny in forum Equipment
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 08:47 AM
  5. Lite Weight Chair
    By Schmeky in forum Care
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •