Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College Freshman Quad

How is Erin doing academically? This would be a big factor for me in helping her make the decision to stay at U of A for her sophomore year or go to school closer to home, where it may be easier to apply more energy to her studies and less on crisis management. Obviously, both are important, long term, to her well being as an adult, but she's got time to figure out life...

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    I would get out of the cold and move to Arizona with her(at least for the winter)! No slight on the Yellow Rodent but Wilbur and Wilma should eat it!
    It was 11 degrees when I left for SF this morning. I love MN but I may not come back till april The cold doesn't do my pain levels a lot of good, so I kinda agree but the one time I was in Arizona it was hotter than hell. In all seriousness, I think it is an important thing for any child, disabled or not, not live at home while in college. That being said shit is going to happen and as a parent I would feel a lot better if my kid faced the same challenges as the OP if I was within driving distance.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I love MN but I may not come back till april The cold doesn't do my pain levels a lot of good, so I kinda agree but the one time I was in Arizona it was hotter than hell. In all seriousness, I think it is an important thing for any child, disabled or not, not live at home while in college. That being said shit is going to happen and as a parent I would feel a lot better if my kid faced the same challenges as the OP if I was within driving distance.
    Tucson is a little higher elevation than Phoenix so it cools down to 105 during the day ha! The hottest summer I've spent was 25 years ago in South Dakota when they had two weeks of 100-plus temps AND smothering high humidity. We live on the Mississippi just north of downtown Minneapolis. I like my water/boating and I never thought I'd like the desert but Tucson really is beautiful.

After having a heart to heart on Sunday we are going to try to tough out the year and see where things stand in May. Her grades are good. She will look at housing for next year this weekend and we will continue on the path to return in the fall. We are a long way away but thankful that there are deals on airfare out of Minneapolis to Phoenix and sometimes Tucson. I flew American into Phoenix for $56 last Friday, last minute, nonstop.