Thread: Does Windows 10 have an onscreen keyboard and...

Does Windows 10 have an onscreen keyboard and...

Does Windows 10 have an onscreen keyboard and can you install TightVNC. I borrowed my dads laptop the other day (with Windows 10) and when I clicked on Ease of Access and then the onscreen keyboard I got a help menu. I didn't have time to see whether or not I could get it to load. Also, I use TightVNC to control other computers in the house and their website doesn't make it clear.

Thanks...

Windows 10 has an onscreen keyboard. I use tigervnc on windows 10, I seem to recall problems w/ tightvnc but could be wrong.

edit: I have a surface book pro w/ a touchscreen. Since it pops off the keyboard into tablet mode the OSK may be easier to find than a regular windows 10 machine.

Windows 10 os full of flaws.. i recently had a tech do some work on mine & he vouched the same. Despite that any OS back 10 years or so will carry that in the Ease/Access tools..that's been there 4 ages. Perhaps do a reformat back to Windows 7. It's the smoothest running version probably solve compatibility issues. Good luck
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

I'm still using Windows 7. I like it and plan to keep it, but I heard/read that Microsoft was going to drop security updates for 7 sometime in the near future. I just wanted to check on a couple of personal necessities before I upgrade. Looks like I'll wait as long as possible before I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I'm still using Windows 7. I like it and plan to keep it, but I heard/read that Microsoft was going to drop security updates for 7 sometime in the near future. I just wanted to check on a couple of personal necessities before I upgrade. Looks like I'll wait as long as possible before I do.
    If you aren't upgrading your hardware I don't see the need to move to 10. However 10 is pretty much the same to me as 7, plus a lot of enhancements for touchscreen if you have one. One thing is for certain, if you have a high resolution monitor/laptop 10 is way better than 8 (and 7 for that matter).