Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schwalbe One Tires

I tried them, on 25" you save 800 grams on pair in comparison to Marathons.

BUT, they lasted only 3 months for me, so Marathons FTW!

Schwalbe Ones are spec'd as 24 x 0.9. I guess that means they are a bit narrower than MPs. But because they haven't got any tread does it mean that they have a lower profile? I've only used treaded tyres and was wondering if the rear seat height is lower when riding on slicks?

Honestly I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the schwalbe airborne's yet. they have been on my chair 2 years (almost to the day!) for me already with 1 tire rotation (and another one due). they are fast, more comfortable because they are wider and can be used at lower pressures, and have bits of traction that do help to get over door stops when the tires are wet.

i'm all for the airbornes

I liked the airbornes better than the one's as well. I am back to the Marathon Plus tires, mainly because they can take 120-130 PSI which neither the One or the Airborne's can. I also spend a good amount of time rolling around San Francisco and the MPs can take the odd bit of broken glass or whatever that might cause problems w/ the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by juniorsenior View Post
    Honestly I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the schwalbe airborne's yet. they have been on my chair 2 years (almost to the day!) for me already with 1 tire rotation (and another one due). they are fast, more comfortable because they are wider and can be used at lower pressures, and have bits of traction that do help to get over door stops when the tires are wet.

i'm all for the airbornes