Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Seems like nothings happening....

I have been at Frazier Rehab using the Excite program with parameters that cannot be used outside of the clinic. I did not respond to FDA approved settings but have gotten a good response here and get all my muscles to contract. They also are using these settings with higher injuries and getting good results. Usually not quick or drastic changes but all gains are good. Awaiting these settings to get approved for home use with the Excite.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Im over the Chinascinet. A lot of talk n nothing to be excited about. We get told people are walkin n doin this or that, but where are theae people? If it was all this n that then why isnt it on every breaking news channel, n why isnt it rushed to bedside. Dont get me wrong, im not bashing them in any way, but save the talk n bring on results
    Why hasn't it been on the news? Because we and Rutgers have a plan to publicise it at the proper time. Wise and I have only talked about it here as a courtesy to you. It will be brought to the the bedside sooner than ever before possible because we worked with Congress, and they passed the Expanded Compassionate Use Act. This will allow anyone to receive this treatment at cost right after we recruit and randomize the subjects for the Phase IIb, later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Busy with Phase 2 to prove that lithium and methylprednisolone does nothing.
    The Phase IIb trial is necessary to replicate the results of the Phase II. Although it will tell is whether or not lithium/MP has an effect, it's purpose is to show if we can again get return of walking/bowel/bladder in complete, chronic subjects. If it does, we will quickly move to phase III, then have an approved treatment that returns independence.
    Last edited by Jim; 02-22-2017 at 05:53 PM.

https://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Assessment of the combined effects of chondroitinase and autologous Schwann cells on hand function after cervical SCI in primates

Results: Significant differences in retrieval time and retrieval quality were found between the left (control) and right (injured) hand in each animal and between the 3 groups as of 6 months post-injury. LV-chABC injected animals showed the most rapid recovery. Additionally observed differences include the rate to reach hand function plateau and the variety of strategies developed to perform the task.
    Conclusions: Animals continue to survive. The tests discriminate recovery of fine dexterity of finger movements from adaptation strategies. Deficits and recovery of combined upper and lower extremity gait coupling are assessed with treadmill kinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post

https://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Assessment of the combined effects of chondroitinase and autologous Schwann cells on hand function after cervical SCI in primates

Results: Significant differences in retrieval time and retrieval quality were found between the left (control) and right (injured) hand in each animal and between the 3 groups as of 6 months post-injury. LV-chABC injected animals showed the most rapid recovery. Additionally observed differences include the rate to reach hand function plateau and the variety of strategies developed to perform the task.
    Conclusions: Animals continue to survive. The tests discriminate recovery of fine dexterity of finger movements from adaptation strategies. Deficits and recovery of combined upper and lower extremity gait coupling are assessed with treadmill kinematics.
    Thank You! Man have I been needing me some chondroitinase news.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

This one is from Grammy. I thought I would add here as I looked and nobody posted it.

Ya man after the dog trial which was just for safety, this is good news as it was done on larger animals

Jim, do you have any updated idea about when the next phase will start and when we will get official results for this phase and when the trial might open recruitment in the US?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Jim i hope ur right. But feel me when i say this. SITTING HERE reading about this n that does nothing for me. Im jaded no doubt n lost all hope. Id love to be wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I understand your frustrations, it is taking a LONG time, but there is no way rush through the clinical trial process. If the FDA wants additional studies that set the start of trial back a year, and add 500K, you do it. Dr. Young and myself report what we can to keep you in the loop. You have the published paper with the results. I know you live in Fla luna, but Han Solo, you live in PA and have the opportunity to come to an Open House every month to listen to Wise present the data and see the videos. You should come to one in the future.
    Asked 2/20/17
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Are the briefings at these open houses taped and available on youtube?
    No answer, I guess these Open Houses are not taped and available on youtube or other outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Jim, do you have any updated idea about when the next phase will start and when we will get official results for this phase and when the trial might open recruitment in the US?
    Recruitment for the US Phase IIb trial should begin Summer/Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Asked 2/20/17

No answer, I guess these Open Houses are not taped and available on youtube or other outlets.
    The Open Houses are not available on video.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Why hasn't it been on the news? Because we and Rutgers have a plan to publicise it at the proper time. Wise and I have only talked about it here as a courtesy to you. It will be brought to the the bedside sooner than ever before possible because we worked with Congress, and they passed the Expanded Compassionate Use Act. This will allow anyone to receive this treatment at cost right after we recruit and randomize the subjects for the Phase IIb, later this year.

The Phase IIb trial is necessary to replicate the results of the Phase II. Although it will tell is whether or not lithium/MP has an effect, it's purpose is to show if we can again get return of walking/bowel/bladder in complete, chronic subjects. If it does, we will quickly move to phase III, then have an approved treatment that returns independence.
    Trump made it a point to mention streamlining FDA approval processes in his speech last night!