Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Seems like nothings happening....

Frankly if I don't get return in sensation and sexual function reasonably soon I'am lost. Life is becoming very black-and-white when all you feel is pain, pressure, AD and empty numbing nothingness with no real pleasure to compensate every once in a while mentally and physically, for release of tension and natural chemicals , not to mention letting you know your actually there.

without decent arm/hand/core/sensory I'm trapped in dependency sorry but it's a truly repulsive lifestyle, not a shred of nobility! Nothing your own, only the expectations to be cared for now and in the future, sick...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The FDA does not publish papers, journals do that.
    We can not release the clinical trial data to the media before publication.The paper will soon be published.

The US FDA approves clinical trials. We are working with them and plan to start the trial this year.
    Jim
    Thanks for putting me right. Has the FDA approved trials for this year 2016. If so will it be in the first quarter off the year or the last quarter.
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

The trial has not yet been approved. We do expect to start later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Frankly if I don't get return in sensation and sexual function reasonably soon I'am lost. Life is becoming very black-and-white when all you feel is pain, pressure, AD and empty numbing nothingness with no real pleasure to compensate every once in a while mentally and physically, for release of tension and natural chemicals , not to mention letting you know your actually there.

without decent arm/hand/core/sensory I'm trapped in dependency sorry but it's a truly repulsive lifestyle, not a shred of nobility! Nothing your own, only the expectations to be cared for now and in the future, sick...
    Do you believe that you'll return to as you were before?
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Do you believe that you'll return to as you were before?
    No never, not anymore been too long after injury, the damage paralysis does to the body is substantial. Mind you, most people get a treatment stem cells for example and they expect said treatment to just magically repair everything. I don't expect that I don't even hope for that the treatment is just step one, I will dedicate my life to other treatments and more importantly the regenerative focused rehabilitation... Hand function literally changes everything, it's a complete game changer

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    I believe scientists want to be published in journals that other respected scientists read, and scientists don't have time to read all the published journals. Furthermore, scientists want to read journals that are heavily refereed, i.e. peered reviewed to insure the contents are correct. This results in few respected journals that are very selective about what they publish and that have no problem rejecting papers that don't comply with their standards due to topic or accuracy.
    I agree with your considerations, while many people start to question the equation "high impact factor journal = high quality" considering the increasing number of retractions http://www.nature.com/news/2011/1110...l/478026a.html

especially after the STAP cells scandal http://www.nature.com/news/stap-1.15332

So the peer review system needs to be fixed somehow.

At the same time there is a substantial rise of open access journals and an on-going transitions toward "open science". For ex. under "Horizon 2020" (the EU frame work programme for research and innovation) each beneficiary must ensure open access to all peer-reviewed scientific publications relating to its results. https://ec.europa.eu/research/partic...t-guide_en.pdf
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The FDA does not publish papers, journals do that.
    We can not release the clinical trial data to the media before publication.The paper will soon be published.

The US FDA approves clinical trials. We are working with them and plan to start the trial this year.
    Thanks Jim for the update. With all respect, can you quantify "the paper will soon be published". What does soon mean -- 1 month, 3 months, 6 months? Really looking for something concrete from the China trials, good or bad, am hoping to read the outcomes. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    No never, not anymore been too long after injury, the damage paralysis does to the body is substantial. Mind you, most people get a treatment stem cells for example and they expect said treatment to just magically repair everything. I don't expect that I don't even hope for that the treatment is just step one, I will dedicate my life to other treatments and more importantly the regenerative focused rehabilitation... Hand function literally changes everything, it's a complete game changer
    James, have you followed BMX'er Stephen Murray's story? C3 quad who did a lot of physio and now has some arm and foot movement, he's fairly determined and won't accept his situation and was injured 2007

Quote Originally Posted by beachlover View Post
    Thanks Jim for the update. With all respect, can you quantify "the paper will soon be published". What does soon mean -- 1 month, 3 months, 6 months? Really looking for something concrete from the China trials, good or bad, am hoping to read the outcomes. Thank you.
    I would say 3-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    James, have you followed BMX'er Stephen Murray's story? C3 quad who did a lot of physio and now has some arm and foot movement, he's fairly determined and won't accept his situation and was injured 2007
    I have not, sounds like a good man I'll have to look into that thank you. I talked with Doug Smith a quadriplegic who basically fully recovered mind you his accident was obviously pretty incomplete.