Thread: MV-1good or bad?

MV-1good or bad?

I've been looking for a new vehicle for quite a while and everything keeps taking me back to the MV 1. I was just wondering what everybody's opinion is on this vehicle good or bad I'm open to any choice I just look here for feedback I know some may be driving it but I just haven't seen it talked about much and I just want to get you're feedback on it so if you guys want to give me some,good or bad, I would appreciate it thanks bob

Does anybody have one? Quite a few views and no replies makes me wonder? Has anyone tried one or gone for a ride in one? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks everyone. Bob

We saw quite a few MV-1 taxis in Chicago around Millenium Park but didn't get a chance to try one. Curious like you to find out how they compare to ramp vans.

I really like the look, they're so funky they're cool. I hope someone responds who may own one! I'm curious too! The last time Inlooked at them, you could not drive from a wheelchair, only as a passenger.

My wife and I tried one at a local dealership about 2 years ago. As they were then the ramp slope even at the longest setting was too steep for my manual chair - a power chair would certainly go up it. Back then they offered no power driver or passenger seat. You would need that done after market. It is not configured to drive from chair as floor isn't lowered. It generally is not made for the independent wheelchair driver. Once in with the door closed you have no inside switches to open doors and operate ramp. The designers developed this as a taxi or for a wheelchair passenger with able bodied driver. They may have improved upon this or maybe someone is offering after market changes to make it more accessible.

Thanks for the info AG. Our next purchase will be something our daughter can drive on her own and it does not sound like the MV-1 will fit the bill.

I guess when I asked a question I made it sound like I was looking for opinions on purchasing a new one where as I have already bought one. I have to say so I am very pleased with the vehicle. But I don't drive, I used to but I found the driving was not something practical for me on an every day basis therefore not worth the cost to look into a vehicle I could drive from my wheelchair. I am a big man 6 foot 4 @230 pounds and I have a permobil power wheelchair and I have no problem whatsoever with the interior space and the ramp. I have had full-size vans I had minivans and now I have MV-1. I've had the truck for about a month so far so good I'll keep you updated if I see anything negative but so far everything seems very positive.

Well six weeks into having the vehicle and everything is still pretty impressive. I like just about everything. If anyone is interested you can find brand-new 2014s selling in the 30,000 price range on eBay. They come with a full warranty of 36 months 36,000 miles bumper-to-bumper from the date of delivery of the vehicle. The only thing I had to pay extra for the shipping to get the vehicle to my house which was only $300.from Chicago. what I can tell about the only thing you cant do is drive from your wheelchair but you can transfer to the drivers seat if you're able to do so and then you can use hand controls. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.