Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Jerry Silver: Latest chronic SCI research results featured at Cleveland

Dr. Silver, I don't know if you have Facebook and watch the chondroitinase dog trial or not. I see today a video was posted showing a little dog named Toby. His owners say he finished the trial 6 months ago and can now stand strong for a few seconds and holds his tail up. The video showed him moving about. Of course we have no idea who is a control and who isn't. I just want to say it's fun being able to see people post their pet dog video's and make comments about a drug we're hoping makes it to humans for clinical use. We've never had this kind of opportunity before. It's been quite amazing watching it unfold at Facebook.

Love that on Facebook too.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

How do i find that on fb?

Dr. Silver--In your rat model, have you tried using your peptide alone without using ch'ase? If yes, any positive results? Understood what you said about using both together to get the best results.

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    How do i find that on fb?
    https://www.facebook.com/ChondroDogs...f=ts&ref=br_tf

The title page is "Clinical Trial for Paralyzed Dogs"

I just see a note on one of the posts that says they are enrolling new patients until May. I think they were around 50 dogs completed the last time I looked. May would probably wrap it up pretty much if they're planning on the last 10 over the next few months or so. They were wanting a total of 60. I think they will meet that number.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-22-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Shooter View Post
    Dr. Silver--In your rat model, have you tried using your peptide alone without using ch'ase? If yes, any positive results? Understood what you said about using both together to get the best results.
    Thought he covered that in one of this vids. His peptide addresses scar ... I'm really dumbing it down though. I can barely follow him in his videos at times. lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Shooter View Post

At acute stages following contusive SCI the peptide by itself is remarkable (Nature Lang et al, 2015). However, so far and at low doses the peptide has not been successful as a stand alone treatment for chronic contusive cord injury. Our goal is to dramatically increase the dose to see if it might work on its own but my thinking is that for chronic injury the combination approach will work best especially when we add rehab training.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilver View Post
    OK let me have a go at these but it is difficult to pinpoint an exact timeframe.

The major reason that chondroitinase has not gone to clinical trials is because there has not been compelling research showing that the enzyme by itself could restore robust function
    at chronic stages following cord injury. With our new results I hope that this will stimulate the ISRT to move forward even more rapidly. However, they are a small foundation with limited resources.
    You might wish to contact the ISRT and get a sense of their timeline. Their new delivery system of the enzyme should be completely proprietary to the inventors. The ISRT is my bet for the clinical future of chondroitinase.

Our peptide strategy has a ways to go. We need to move towards a therapy that works to restore function after chronic contusive injury and show efficacy and safety with a maximum tolerated dose study.

These challenging experiments are now in progress.
    Anyone contacted the ISRT (Spinal Research) yet?

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Not here yet. They're on Twitter and Facebook though.

Dr. Silver, in your rat models, have you been able to determine how long it takes before the gllal begins to form and prevent neuron and axon passage through the barrier?

Seems to me that this glial scar formation would begin to separate the acute stage of SCI from the chronic.
    Last edited by 6 Shooter; 03-27-2016 at 01:46 PM.