Thread: "noodles" in stools

"noodles" in stools

Just before Christmas I was struggling with what looked like a chest infection, GP prescribed amoxilicin which I took for about a day and then tried to do my bowel routine, stomach was bloated and stools hardly formed almost diarrhoea but also with what I can only describe as white noodles or worms in it. These were present for the next few days BT and I had very black coloured diarrhoea. I didn't eat for 5 days still had bowel movements but eventually got over it and then went through cycles of constipation and diarrhoea. I put this down to a reaction to the antibiotic as I'd had stomach problems when I have been on them in the past, never as bad as this though.

I've slowly got my BT routine back to every 2 days and whilst stools can be soft am doing OK but yesterday the white noodles reappeared, they do look like worms but don't have head/tail so I'm convinced it is something I'm making in my bowels.

Does anyone have any idea of what it could be and how I can fix it?

Google "tapeworms" and see if the images look like what you have. Do you have or are you in contact with animals (dogs, pigs, etc.)? You can pick them up from them. Have your physician order a stool "O&P" (ova and parasites) exam. If positive, you will need treatment.

(KLD)

My wife did Google and said they don't look the same. Took a sample but GP didn't request parasite test Only thing that came up on Google was possibly candida but we don't know what test for that. Ran out of sample jars now will get some Monday and no doubt it will disappear again but at least I know what test to ask GP to do first.

I do eat a lot of sugar and refined carbohydrates, lost weight when I could not eat and it has come off under my ischials which have always been a weak point, need to find a way to put weight on my backside not my belly and with less chocolate and cake

Tests showed yeast or candida infection, GP prescribed single large dose of Fluconazole which didn't work, then tried a week long course at a lower dose and that hasn't worked, the stringy white stuff is still there. Going back to GP but I think he is struggling to find the right drug that won't interfere with my other meds. Any suggestions are welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    Tests showed yeast or candida infection, GP prescribed single large dose of Fluconazole which didn't work, then tried a week long course at a lower dose and that hasn't worked, the stringy white stuff is still there. Going back to GP but I think he is struggling to find the right drug that won't interfere with my other meds. Any suggestions are welcome...
    Try a consultation with an infectious disease doctor. Infectious disease doctors are expert at balancing medications.

All the best,
    GJ

I wonder if probiotics would help?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12