Thread: food

food

everything I eat a few minutes later it coming out 1 go throw 5 to 6 pouches daly I am sick of this yougurt eggs potoe soup cottage cheese bbq pizza straight thru

any ideas

Is your stool real runny? Do you have a colostomy, and if so, at what bowel segment? Or is it an ileostomy? Have you been tested for c. diff??

(KLD)

good morning yes have a colostomy its kinda next to belly button a couple inches just really loose what is c . diff?

c. diff. = Clostridium difficile which is an opportunistic infection of the intestines. It most often occurs when someone has been on a lot of antibiotics for an infection, which kills off the good bacteria, but it can be transmitted from someone else with the infection or from toilets or bowel equipment that is not properly cleaned.

There is a specific stool test done to determine if you have this. A sample of liquid stool would need to be collected and your physician would need to order the test.

Do not attempt to firm up your stool with any medications until your test come back negative for c. diff.

If you have it, you will need treatment, and also to properly clean up and protect any caregivers from getting the infection from you. Alcohol based hand cleaner is not effective against c. diff....you must wash with soap and water, and use a bleach based disinfectant rather than an alcohol-based one for cleaning commodes, etc.

http://www.cdc.gov/hai/organisms/cdi...f-patient.html

(KLD)

thank you I use bleach and vinegar for all cleaning will do thank you