Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quads living alone. What is your living arrangement?

Quads living alone. What is your living arrangement?

Do you live in your own home, apartment, condo? Looking at the things myself and wondering what others have been doing.

What r yours dude? Plans in the works or already at hand?. What's your $$ situation?
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

have my own home lucky it had a rollin shower when I bought ripped out all carpet concrete floors cut floorboard at sink so I could roll under it I cook crockpot and on stove but use a toaster oven to bake

My son has his own home. Stained concrete floors throughout. Roll in shower. He mostly uses a microwave, but can also cook simple things, but prefers to eat out, use microwave, or housemates will cook.

I have a house but I would rather have an apartment or condo. The upkeep, just my opinion, isn't worth having a house.

I'm currently living with my dad since I was injured eight years ago. A lot of people donated a lot of money and materials to build an additional "suite" Complete with roll in shower. My dad is getting older and he wants to sell this house and get into something smaller. It's got a lot of grass to mow. Currently I have in-home care 12 hours a day. I don't call on my father to do anything after they leave. I make sure I'm all set up before their shifts end. I have little use of my arms and my hands have no function. I can use my laptop or a tablet pretty well. I have a number of ways I can use a telephone… I like to have options! I guess that's what my Questions are… If you live alone, what kind of function Do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    I'm currently living with my dad since I was injured eight years ago. A lot of people donated a lot of money and materials to build an additional "suite" Complete with roll in shower. My dad is getting older and he wants to sell this house and get into something smaller. It's got a lot of grass to mow. Currently I have in-home care 12 hours a day. I don't call on my father to do anything after they leave. I make sure I'm all set up before their shifts end. I have little use of my arms and my hands have no function. I can use my laptop or a tablet pretty well. I have a number of ways I can use a telephone… I like to have options! I guess that's what my Questions are… If you live alone, what kind of function Do you have?
    oh that would be different I am c6c7 and can pretty much dpo I lot u live around stockbrige mccdonough

Well what are u saving that donated $$ to do that or did u spend it on care?? Yea just a level or two functionally says/means a lot. Just wrist extensors like 5/6/7 means matter of utter near independence. Not fully I mean some dudes I've read manage sumhow every thing @ 5/6 level which I'm at too.
    If things are built/set suited to height & ease of access then lots can be accomplished dude. Good luck!!
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Oh ok! Well, my son is a c6/7. He has full use of his arms, wrists, and limited use of his hands. In spite of his hands, he Is pretty independent. His assistant helps him 1 1/2 to 2 hours every morning and the rest of the day and nite he is on his own. When he moved into his house, a couple of his guy friends moved in and that was helpful. It's been almost 7 years and roommates have come and gone. He now has a girlfriend and her sister living with him and this seems to be the best scenario. Craig, if you could possibly get your own place and get a housemate (he/she could help you in exchange for cheaper rent), it might be a good set up. I hope it works out for you.

I've considered the roommate situation and that would be ideal.