Thread: Need advise for being real tight and getting worse

Need advise for being real tight and getting worse

Almost 7 years a C7. I have been very mobile for years. Over the last 2 years I have been getting more and more tight. my ankles want to snap to my butt. My legs kick terribly. I can't transfer by myself anymore. I can't even roll over in bed. I don't take any meds at all. I recently went back to Kessler and got a script for baclofen. Tried it for 2 months and got worse. I was up to 120mg a day. I miss being loose. Please help. I'm now off meds again. I see so many people online that are loose. Please help get me there again.

Did Kessler do any tests (MRI) ??

Do you stand, stretch, and do range of motion regularly?

you have to stand. best thing for us
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I'm at 7 as a C6/C7, 8 years in May. I hated Baclofen back in the early days and switched to a small dose of Valium at night or as needed. I'll cycle off for a few days or even a week but it works for me. I take usually 10mg, sometimes 20. Stretch and stand. When I cycle off the Valium my spasms could kick doors in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Do you stand, stretch, and do range of motion regularly?
    I have a standing frame but don't stand as much as I should. do you feel it really is that helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    I'm at 7 as a C6/C7, 8 years in May. I hated Baclofen back in the early days and switched to a small dose of Valium at night or as needed. I'll cycle off for a few days or even a week but it works for me. I take usually 10mg, sometimes 20. Stretch and stand. When I cycle off the Valium my spasms could kick doors in.
    thanks. im going to start standing daily.

Standing, range of motion and doing as much activity is all helpful. Did they check you for any neurological changes when you were at Kessler? Bladder management issues? Skin issues?

CKF

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Standing, range of motion and doing as much activity is all helpful. Did they check you for any neurological changes when you were at Kessler? Bladder management issues? Skin issues?

CKF
    yes there was one thing they wanted to check. I fell out of my chair 3 years ago and broke my hip and had a replacement one put in. I just got my cat scan results and my replacement hip is infected.. the dr. at Kessler says this will cause spasms. setting up a appointment today to see a surgeon about what to do. is it common for a infection to make me this tight? I mean I am locked up solid. my wife can barely straighten my legs.