Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An update article on Darek Fidyka

I wonder why some people pay so much attention to a typo...
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Thought this thread was for updates on Darek. Is it possible to do a sticky thread for bullying Paolo? Now it's starting to get difficult to extract the actual info.
    I think "a sticky thread for bullying Paolo" would be a good idea, so some people know where to post and have fun and moderators know where to move posts about me. I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    When you say acute knife wound, do you mean acute as in less than 2 years after injury?
    I think Darek was near 2 years after when he had the surgery.

What I like about this article/video is that they are telling people what they have done and what has worked. They are doing this without having to be published in the medical press beforehand.

Do they have something to loose by doing it this way?

If not I wish everyone would publish their findings in a way we can understand, seeing a bit of progress in the light of day is great and gives me a bit of hope that there will be a fix for us.
    niallel,

here you can download for free the the publication with a lot of details on what has been done:

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...297643822a7fa5

They actually published the paper before BBC covered the story the first time.

The link Grammy gave to you was the wrong paper that is about 3 patients who got different cells and a significantly different surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I believe the study was published back a few years ago...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23561833
    I believe you meant this study:

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...297643822a7fa5

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    No, I didn't. The study I linked and mentioned to Niallel from a few years ago was the year before in 2013 where 3 people got OEC and 3 served as controls by this same research group. The group is working to find what cells would work best and what didn't and their research continues. Fidyka is not the only patient they've worked on in recent years, he just happens to be the last until they can find a couple more stabbing victims to experiment on (along with unprecedented media). They haven't been able to announce the best cells to use for a treatment just yet. They're working on it. Four implanted patients of various cell origins doesn't a cure make. They're still experimenting, publishing and soliciting patients like other groups.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-13-2016 at 01:37 AM.