Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An update article on Darek Fidyka

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Ok, finally you admit your ignorance on an issue.. then you may want to read some papers about olfactory mucosa cells and olfactory bulb cells before posting more miseducating information on this line of research (they are all in english and many are open access, so just read carefully before posting).
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    olfactory buld? I have had the impression you don't unless english is not your first language
    Well, your impression is right, I don't have an interest in your Italian buld but your sharing of it has been delightful. I'm glad you just read so carefully before posting so we don't get ignorant. LMAO

Anyway, I personally think the extraction surgeries described in these articles sound too gruesome for my taste. I agree with Sam Maddox, they're a bit gnarly and probably won't be accepted as a widespread treatment unless the work on cadavers shows them a way to make it far less invasive and the recovery far superior than anything else by using these cells. After sorting out the mechanism's I doubt they find them at the heart of recovery. I bet it's more about the sural nerve grafts and years of non-stop physical rehabilitation. In fact, they could probably do a cleansing soak of the sural nerves in Ch'ase before implantation and observe Schwann cell bridges naturally crossing into and through the nerve grafts like reported in the work from the Silver lab quite some time ago. (You should probably tell them to talk to Dr. Silver for better results). The photographs of this were fantastic and the cell bridges looked good. Hopefully they'll be able to locate 2 more stabbing victims somewhere to work on that they can possibly help. I think there will be far better cellular options in the future mainstream regenerative medicine than having to disfigure living people with keyhole supraorbital craniotomies to extract olfactory bulbs so I'm not quite as excited as you are.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-08-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Well, your impression is right, I don't have an interest in your Italian buld but your sharing of it has been delightful. I'm glad you just read so carefully before posting so we don't get ignorant. LMAO

Anyway, I personally think the extraction surgeries described in these articles sound too gruesome for my taste. I agree with Sam Maddox, they're a bit gnarly and probably won't be accepted as a widespread treatment unless the work on cadavers shows them a way to make it far less invasive and the recovery far superior than anything else by using these cells. After sorting out the mechanism's I doubt they find them at the heart of recovery. I bet it's more about the sural nerve grafts and years of non-stop physical rehabilitation. In fact, they could probably do a cleansing soak of the sural nerves in Ch'ase before implantation and observe Schwann cell bridges naturally crossing into and through the nerve grafts like reported in the work from the Silver lab quite some time ago. (You should probably tell them to talk to Dr. Silver for better results). The photographs of this were fantastic and the cell bridges looked good. Hopefully they'll be able to locate 2 more stabbing victims somewhere to work on that they can possibly help. I think there will be far better cellular options in the future mainstream regenerative medicine than having to disfigure living people with keyhole supraorbital craniotomies to extract olfactory bulbs so I'm not quite as excited as you are.
    I believe it is actually much easier to reach the BULD in Italy. Two glasses of table red wine and a sharp rap to the back of Paolo's head and the BULD drops easily from his nose!

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    I believe it is actually much easier to reach the BULD in Italy. Two glasses of table red wine and a sharp rap to the back of Paolo's head and the BULD drops easily from his nose!
    Are you kidding? Never ever let a buld just pop out! That's an emergency situation but it could be saved on a shirt sleeve till help arrived.

Blog Entries
    Are you kidding? Never ever let a buld just pop out! That's an emergency situation but it could be saved on a shirt sleeve till help arrived.
    You can also save BULD in a kleenex.

You can also save BULD in a kleenex.

Ah c'mon guys, we got to stop being so 'ignorant'... everybody knows that the BULD is better kept on ice until help arrives, if no ice is available you can improvise by inserting two popsicles or gelatos one on each nostril...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Ah c'mon guys, we got to stop being so 'ignorant'... everybody knows that the BULD is better kept on ice until help arrives, if no ice is available you can improvise by inserting two popsicles or gelatos one on each nostril...
    Don't forget the best option of all Moe, you should take the Italian Interstate Highway. Also known as the "BULD to Butt Shortcut" in Germany!

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Yes, I very carefully read the open access journals and they said Kleenex/dry hot climates cause shriveling of buld. If there is no hydration you can only wipe your hands clean of the situation and put your poor buld out there on an EBay listing. It's a goner.

Yes, I very carefully read the open access journals and they said Kleenex/dry hot climates cause shriveling of buld. If there is no hydration you can only wipe your hands clean of the situation and put your poor buld out there on an EBay listing. It's a goner.
    Ebay listing with a "BULD It Now" option...

Thought this thread was for updates on Darek. Is it possible to do a sticky thread for bullying paolo? Now it's starting to get difficult to extract the actual info.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Thought this thread was for updates on Darek.
    No, the thread I posted here said "An update article on Darek Fidyka". Good grief, it was just to mention one lone journalist's article http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...dicine-d-t-max , not an ongoing carecure thread for his biography updates. I'm sure there will be many more media stories in future years and people will invariably post them in their own separate threads as journalist's put them on the internet. There's no telling when the media will write new ones.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-12-2016 at 10:57 PM.