Thread: Which hole for 4" caster

Which hole for 4" caster

I'm rebuilding a Tilite Tr for eventual sale. I went from a 5" to a 4" caster a while ago and may have used the wrong hole when I changed. It has the forks with three adjustment holes for the different sized casters. Is the 4" the bottom or middle hole? I can always use a floor square to find out but thought I'd ask first. Thanks

my tr3 has 4" castors and my forks only have 2 holes but the castors are in the top hole, if this helps

Thanks RA, lol, it doesn't help. My Tr3 has the two hole caster with 4" wheels in the bottom hole. I'll just do the floor square technique.

middle, top for 5, bottom fur 3. unless ti screwwed the pooch by putting a spacer on the stem

I agree with DAD, if I remember right, for 4" it is the middle or second hole. My TR is in storage so I can't look at it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I'm rebuilding a Tilite Tr for eventual sale. I went from a 5" to a 4" caster a while ago and may have used the wrong hole when I changed. It has the forks with three adjustment holes for the different sized casters. Is the 4" the bottom or middle hole? I can always use a floor square to find out but thought I'd ask first. Thanks
    I don't have the TR but I use the ZR. I have 4" soft rolls. I have mine placed in the middle hole.
    Wouldn't determining the right hole also have to take into factor the size of rear wheels?
    I run 26" (25-590). I never have caster flutter either. I replaced my casters to my current ones and like mentioned used the middle hole. (I'm t-10 complete as well)

Ed

When I bough my ZRA-1 I asked for 5", and they came in the middle hole.
    The "logic" could be "your choice in the middle, one hole above and below if you change your mind", but no one (TiLite ?) has the same reasoning…
    And it doesn't work for 3"…
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Thanks everyone. I'm rebuilding the chair now for future sale and will first try the middle hole then use a floor square to see if it's right.

I think one of TiLite's website videos state that it is up to the design team depending on the configuration of the chair. You may get a 4 inch caster in a short fork bottom hole or in middle hole tall fork or bottom hole standard fork. You may have to contact TiLite and see how your specific serial number was designed.