Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prunes - Help With Constipation

Organic sugar is like sea salt, the body doesn't know the difference as the molecular structure is all the same. One must be careful of consuming too much sugar in the form of fruit sugar. Lentils and beans pack a serious punch in terms of fiber content. Make a big pot and then and consume just a little bit on a regular basis to help out with regularity.

Fiber gummies are also good. Pop just 2 and you have taken care of 20% of your days fiber. Add a cup of citrucel and you can come pretty close to ensuring hundred percent of required fiber. Benefiber soluble fiber can be added to anything to add fiber without taste.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    Kombucha is sold as a bottled fermented drink at grocery stores. It comes 'natural' and in many flavors, such as: ginger, strawberry, mango, or cranberry. I bought two bottles of it last week, at the suggestion of another paralyzed person. It has given me great results in moving my bowels. I suggest drinking only about a third of the bottle when first trying it out. It's VERY effective.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Kombucha is sold as a bottled fermented drink at grocery stores. It comes 'natural' and in many flavors, such as: ginger, strawberry, mango, or cranberry. I bought two bottles of it last week, at the suggestion of another paralyzed person. It has given me great results in moving my bowels. I suggest drinking only about a third of the bottle when first trying it out. It's VERY effective.
    I like the ginger kombucha. I'll mix half kombucha, half sparkling water and it's like drinking a mocktail.

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    I'm so glad to hear another success story about kombucha, Tman9513. Yes, adding the sparkling water does sound like it would improve the experience. Last week, I used half a bottle of my GT kombucha to start a culture of my own. I made green tea and sweetened it with organic sugar, added some store-bought gingerade, covered it, and waited 6 days. Delicious! I bottled it and put the bottle in the refridgerator. Then I made more sweetened green tea and added the delicate little scoby that had formed on top of my first batch,...and I now apparently have a kombucha factory. Off to a slow start, but a lot of fun. And I should eventually be saving some money by making my own.
    Last edited by Vintage; 08-12-2017 at 09:17 PM.
    Female, T9 incomplete