Hello all. I'm assuming this is the best place to post this information. I would highly suggest that anyone with a pending lawsuit, children with disabilities, disabled individuals with assets exceeding $50k or so check into this. There are legal structures that allow you to place assess aside without negatively affecting benefits. I'm not a legal expert myself so will not be able to give advice. In the US, I would consult an "elder care" attorney or "estate planning" attorney with expertise in this area. Not sure what their titles may be in other countries.

Here's some information on Wikipedia


Hope it helps