Thread: Star Wars: The Force Goes to Sleep

Star Wars: The Force Goes to Sleep

Anyone see this loser? it runs for 2 hours and 16 minutes. Two hours of dumb violence and 16 minutes of mediocre story. They should have stopped at the end of the first one which was a winner.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Fuck no! I've no interest in intergalactic sci-fi, but to each his own.

It took me a few tries to get into it ... it raised enough questions for me that I'll watch the next though.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I actually liked it...more on the second viewing than the first. I may even see it a 3rd time soon.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I actually liked it...more on the second viewing than the first. I may even see it a 3rd time soon.

(KLD)
    I enjoyed it the first time, was very bored and nit-picky the second time, but enjoyed it the most the third time.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Did not care for it. Felt like I was watching a remake of the first film. Very disappointed that the plot was basically the same, with a few wrinkles.

Blog Entries
    It definitely had some similar elements but there were more differences than similarities. As a narrative structure it was the familiar Hero's Journey of Joseph Campbell but the core plot devices and characters were mostly different. Not entirely but enough not to warrant the "remake" label, IMO. I could list all the significant differences and similarities to demonstrate the truth of it (that more was different than the same) but there are plenty enough such treatises available online already.

My oldest son wanted to see it again, so we went. Something about it keeps getting better. I think the more relaxed mental state, after the first couple, has a lot to do with that. I definitely enjoy the strong female lead role of Rey even more, and the deep conflict at the center of Finn's character. (Both of which are integral to the heart of the story which have nothing analogous in A New Hope.)
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments