Thread: Purchasing a new laptop

Purchasing a new laptop

In this day and age, it's difficult to believe that I am purchasing my first laptop computer. I have basic computer skills and the details involved in making this purchase is overwhelming. I have a laptop computer now, but it was purchased for me. I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking (professional) for everything. The laptop that I have now, has some office programs. Do those types of things come preloaded or are they purchased separately and then downloaded? I will be using this computer for basic things Re: Internet/e-mail/Facebook/music. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

the Office suite is usually not pre-loaded these days. Often times you'll find the retailer offers Office at a reduced rate if you purchase it with the computer, and it's usually a download.
    When price shopping, be sure to use Amazon or Newegg. They seem to be the most competitive and resourceful.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

It might be worthwhile researching options like StarOffice or Google Docs if price is an issue as well. I'd be interested to see if any of these packages work with Dragon.
    Also - now Microsoft offers the Office 360 option where you basically rent the suite by the month - if that's easier to take.

I'll try to do some research as soon as I'm done updating my resume - need to set up a new contract before March.

I was wondering about the ease of compatibility with Dragon and Windows 10? When it first came out, I knew a few people that went back to Windows 7. Wondering if you could offer feedback about this. Thank you

I prefer to not to use win10 . Use win7 because its more easy than win10 and supports all drivers and softwares.