Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Testosterone

I asked my "GP" back 6 or 7 years ago if testosterone would work to give my more energy and at least some "get go" and we tried it. We even used a patch that he planted under the skin of my butt, the upper cheeks. Now I have very little sensation in many places below my waist line, so I have no clue if this might be uncomfortable for a person with somewhat normal peripheral sensation. But along about that time I had an artery blockage in my heart and received two stents. I really do not know, even today, if in fact this therapy did any good, probably marginal at best. But with the ticker complaining, we ceased this treatment. Maybe with a few less issues in play back then I might have felt a lot better.

If y'all read what I wrote in the Pain Forum you would know I recently (Dec) had cervical spine surgery, that and getting OFF the pain killers, plus the results from the surgery "I" think have done more for my feeling more like my old self than anything. But, don't think I am feeling like a 19 year old colt, My legs still pain me terribly, I cannot walk on crutches much more than 20 feet, absolutely no stairs. Prostate seed treatment, the bends and the consequent effects on my pecker, numbness and the leg neuropathy that brought are still in play. Considering that I feel one hell of a lot better, and the testosterone may have been a more effective therapy.

These testosterone treatments have gained a bad reputation for adversely affecting your heart, so take everything into consideration when deciding on a therapy, with a bad reputation.

I was involved with a dozen plus guys at a three year study at Kessler institute regarding Testosterone replacement. I can tell you from experience it changed my life as well as many in the study for the better. We had only positive results. I have been on weekly injections for over five years now. I have lost body fat, maintained weight, increased muscle, lost nerve pain , gained energy and endurance as well as feel like a million dollars . I have no side effects and feel great. Too me I will stay on it forever. The papers were published on the results in the medical journal. You can contact Chris Cirnigliario at Kessler for any information or questions.
    The reason "T" has a bad name is because of abuse with weight lifters. Sure if your levels are ten times the normal ranges your playing with fire. Everyone is different but as a T-10 complete is has giving me hope again. I have been drug free for over two years. That alone was a Blessing not to live with a drugged up body and mind all the time. I had major nerve pain and was on at least six meds , multiple doses each day. It is 90% gone after a year of taken injections.

As I said we are all different in how it effects us, but I know many Sci guys on this and its proven positive. Many doctors don't know anything about "T" injections. Buy the book Testosterone Syndrome on Amazon. It will amaze you and explains everything about hormones and "T". I advise all Sci individuals to talk with an Endocrinologist verses a doctor any-day. They understand what "T" is all about. Wish everyone well.

agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    I was involved with a dozen plus guys at a three year study at Kessler institute regarding Testosterone replacement. I can tell you from experience it changed my life as well as many in the study for the better. We had only positive results. I have been on weekly injections for over five years now. I have lost body fat, maintained weight, increased muscle, lost nerve pain , gained energy and endurance as well as feel like a million dollars . I have no side effects and feel great. Too me I will stay on it forever. The papers were published on the results in the medical journal. You can contact Chris Cirnigliario at Kessler for any information or questions.
    The reason "T" has a bad name is because of abuse with weight lifters. Sure if your levels are ten times the normal ranges your playing with fire. Everyone is different but as a T-10 complete is has giving me hope again. I have been drug free for over two years. That alone was a Blessing not to live with a drugged up body and mind all the time. I had major nerve pain and was on at least six meds , multiple doses each day. It is 90% gone after a year of taken injections.

As I said we are all different in how it effects us, but I know many Sci guys on this and its proven positive. Many doctors don't know anything about "T" injections. Buy the book Testosterone Syndrome on Amazon. It will amaze you and explains everything about hormones and "T". I advise all Sci individuals to talk with an Endocrinologist verses a doctor any-day. They understand what "T" is all about. Wish everyone well.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

As a by the wat question, do y'all think that you would have better results at a younger age? Just a thought.

I had mine tested by my regular doctor but havent heard back about results yet. When I asked my urologist her only concern was me wanting kids in a few years. She said it will lower my sperm count enough I may not be able to have kids. I asked about cycling it on and off so I still produce testosterone on my own and she said she will look into it. Have any of you cycled it?
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

thats just it, for some reason SCI men just don't produce test like normal. so if your body only produces a small amount whats the point, right? we don't want kids so that never was a factor for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I had mine tested by my regular doctor but havent heard back about results yet. When I asked my urologist her only concern was me wanting kids in a few years. She said it will lower my sperm count enough I may not be able to have kids. I asked about cycling it on and off so I still produce testosterone on my own and she said she will look into it. Have any of you cycled it?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I agree with Fuentejps 100%. If taking "T" replacement makes you feel great and there's no side effects then why not take it. Especially in our condition. My biggest gain besides strength and overall well being is having reduced nerve pain and eliminating all medications. That alone made me feel like a million bucks.

I feel all Sci doctors really need to educate themselves with "T" replacement. I wouldn't even of Known about it, if I didn't enter a clinical study. The study was proof alone to show safety and no side effects at a normal to higher range (within guide lines). As the book I mentioned "Testosterone Syndrome" , as one grows old gracefully; why should they let low "T" suffer? The doctor in the book proves having a higher "T" level as we grow old verses low base lines gives us a better life. I choose the better life.

What are you guys paying for the injections?

my copay is 35 for 90 day supply(10 1cc 200mg vials Test cypionate(SP))

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    What are you guys paying for the injections?
    Last edited by fuentejps; 01-16-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

My Depo 10ml - 200mg. bottle is $79.00