Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Toyota Sienna Tire Wear

2014 Toyota Sienna Tire Wear

I'm at 30,000 miles and needing new tires soon. Anyone else have issues with tires wearing fast on their Sienna?

I have two Sienna AWD vehicles with the running no flat tires. I only get 30 to 35,000 out of a set. I run 38 pounds of air so the tires wear from the center out. Winters are tuff , so check the air weekly to every two weeks. I rotate every 5,000. I like the tire because I had two flats in the last few years and had time to drive to an auto center for repair. If it was a regular tire , I would be screwed.

I have had experience with the no flats for eight years and its hard to get over 35,000 out of a set.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    I have two Sienna AWD vehicles with the running no flat tires. I only get 30 to 35,000 out of a set. I run 38 pounds of air so the tires wear from the center out. Winters are tuff , so check the air weekly to every two weeks. I rotate every 5,000. I like the tire because I had two flats in the last few years and had time to drive to an auto center for repair. If it was a regular tire , I would be screwed.

I have had experience with the no flats for eight years and its hard to get over 35,000 out of a set.
    30,000-35,000 that's not good. I love the van but will not buy another one if I have to keep buying tires. We will see what happens when I have to get new tires.

What brand, model of tires? What kind of driving, city, highway, mix? Are all four worn out or just the fronts? What kind of wear- pics would be best.
    A lot of things lead to good/bad tire wear.

The running no flats are a real heavy tire but do wear. I drive a lot of highway and in a rural area. Plus with new tread specs on inspection its hard to keep these tires past 35,000 miles. I have tried everything. I know some people install regular tires on them. I run 18" P235/55RF18 tires by Bridgestone Turanza. They ride smooth. I rather have a great ride than get an extra ten thousand miles on a tuff tire. Try a good 50,000 mile tire and see how they work but they will not be the no flats. Best of luck.

I have a Toyota Carolla and have the same issue! The tires I used to put on it are supposed to get 60,000-80,000 miles but are only getting 30,000 at most so I went with the cheap 30,000 ones and get that if I am lucky.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    30,000-35,000 that's not good. I love the van but will not buy another one if I have to keep buying tires. We will see what happens when I have to get new tires.

What brand tires?

How often were they rotated?

How often was the front end aligned?

How many miles do you think you should have gotten out of them?

Iv'e seen people wear tires out in as little as 15k miles.

Low tire pressure and not rotating tires will wear them out really fast.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    What brand tires?

How often were they rotated?

How often was the front end aligned?

How many miles do you think you should have gotten out of them?

Iv'e seen people wear tires out in as little as 15k miles.

Low tire pressure and not rotating tires will wear them out really fast.

Jim
    BF Goodrich. Rotated every oil change (5000 miles). Front end hasn't been aligned. They never said it needed it. I better get them to check it. I didn't think about all the factors that can cause tire wear.

Blog Entries
    I have the same problem with my 08 Sienna. I working on my third set with 78,000 miles! (The RAV4 I had before my accident got over 60K a set).I do keep it aligned and I also rotate every 5K with my oil change. I use very good Michelin tires but they still wear out unevenly. The front right tire always looks low and I have to add more air than normal to make it look even close to normal. My Toyota guy thinks the weight of my fold out ramp on the right side of the van is what messes up the tires.

With most problems Toyota service always wants to blame the modifications. My Pirelli's lasted 28k. Tread was literally pealing off. Get handling tire but didn't handle the Sienna weight well. Yokohamas went 38k. Type of road surface can affect tire wear. Rough surface or driving on chip sealed roads will wear out tires quicker than smooth asphalt. Carolla weighs half of a Sienna. Less friction, lasts longer.