Thread: Colours rezorblade or Tilite zr/zra Wheelchair?

Colours rezorblade or Tilite zr/zra Wheelchair?

Hi mi name is Roberto and i really really need help from people who have one of this 2 wheelchairs.

Im going to upgrade from my rigid folding wheelchair made in Mexico to another that is more lighter, in fact this wheelchair have been with me for 4 years and i literal destroy it LOL. Im a rough person with my wheelchair.

I have been looking in this blog a lot of information and im more confused when im start it.

The main characteristics that im looking for my new wheelchair is that it could last me for years. Because those wheelchairs are soooo expensive.

Another things that im looking for is:

1 put in and out from my car. Im driving an Honda accord.
    2 it last me for years, i already said it.
    3 im a person how like to go to the beach so i don't want that the chair oxidize . I live in Cancun.
    4 i live in a place with a lot of humidity so the same thing that i said in point 3.
    5 about the measures. can i use the same measures? im going to post some photos of my wheelchair.
    6 i like to travel so i want a chair that can hold a lot of impacts.
    7 for wheels and casters which are the best options? because a live in a place that is sooooo irregular.

i live in Cancun, Mexico so try a demo is impossible, because here are no dealers.

[IMG]file://localhost/Users/usuario/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_image002.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by Robcamruiz; 01-04-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Definitely get a chair with the most adjustability that you can. The ZR has only minor adjustments available. And the Razorblade is not better.

As for being in a humid salty area, I would think titanium would be best, but I only visit those kind of places and someone with first hand knowledge may offer better information.

ZRA:
    http://www.tilite.com/chairs_zra.php#5
    Note the light weight, note that it is fully adjustable
    Titanium chair, but probably has aluminum parts. Titanium axles can likely be added

Razorblade: http://colourswheelchair.com/razorblade/
    Chair is aluminum, more subject to corrosion than titanium.
    Click on features, note the heavier weight., note also that caster angle is not adjustable. So if you change rear seat height (dump) the caster steering axles will not be perpendicular like they are supposed to be. The same is true if you change the caster wheel size.
    Last edited by nonoise; 01-03-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

From those choices, get the ZRA. Although the Razorblade is somewhat adjustable, in practice you can't make radical adjustments before the non-adjustability of the castor fork angle becomes a problem. That's why I'm not sitting in MY Razorblade right now--I needed better access to the wheels, which meant dropping rear seat height, which put the forks waaaaay out of whack, which is when we realised they weren't adjustable.

However, if you are 100% confident of the specs you need, and you don't expect your needs to change during the lifetime of the wheelchair, go ZR--you'll save a little weight and have fewer parts that can fail or loosen.

Loading any of these chairs into a car is going to be similar. But it will be different from your previous chair if that's a folder. So you must expect that it may take patience and practice.

You'll probably want wide, soft-roll castors for irregular terrain. If you're on sand a lot, then wide, low-pressure tyres (knobbies, perhaps) may be best, or consider a FreeWheel if budget permits. For a good all-round tyre with puncture protection, consider Schwalbe Marathon Plus.

Just my two cents' worth.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Razorblade: http://colourswheelchair.com/razorblade/
    Chair is aluminum, more subject to corrosion than titanium.
    Click on features, note the heavier weight., note also that caster angle is not adjustable. So if you change rear seat height (dump) the caster steering axles will not be perpendicular like they are supposed to be. The same is true if you change the caster wheel size.
    Glad you pointed out the questionable design issues with this chair.

I've worked on a razorblade...seriously bizarre design that leaves you wondering..."Why?". Best to avoid this thing

I've had both. both nice rides. ti holds up better for me, but I do like the razorblade too.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hi fuentes do you speak spanish? Does this chairs will last me for years? like 6 or more? i don't have a lot of money to change my chair every 3 yeas.i look in the community that a lot of people having a tilt or colors change their chairs very often, i don't know why. Another question i already have a rigid wheelchair can i stay with the same measures? Thanks

yes you can stay with the same measurements. it depends on how well you take care of your chair on how long it will last. does this answer your questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Glad you pointed out the questionable design issues with this chair.

I've worked on a razorblade...seriously bizarre design that leaves you wondering..."Why?". Best to avoid this thing

Totally agree on the Razorblade. Bought one before I went TiLite, and it was the worst chair I have had. Did endless endos, and the frame eventually broke in half from that. Sitting in a titanium chair is like soooo much smoother!

I've never used a Colours chair. My chairs have been Quickie and TiLite. My current chair is a TiLite TR(3); previous (and now backup) chair is TiLite AeroZ(1) (quickie is trash). During it's five years of great service, I gradually adjusted my AeroZ to fit me just right, then used its measurements when ordering the TR, which is fabulous!

Be aware different manufacturers measure differently; if you're going to get a TiLite, navigate through their EZ-Ti ordering system to see how they measure (example pic below).

In my opinion, TiLite's TRA is also a great adjustable-chair option.

For durability, you can change out fasteners on adjustable chairs to stainless steel (most fasteners) or chrome (weight bearing fasteners). I did that on my AeroZ; it cost about $200 USD. (Research their durability to salt air; my climate is humid without salt.)

I highly recommend FrogLegs casters; they are far superior to TiLites premium casters.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chasmengr; 10-08-2016 at 12:31 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>