Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pot for spasticity

Banned

Pot for spasticity

I have MS and now use medical marijuana. It's specifically working for bladder spasticity - I didn't realize what a huge issue i had. I have a baclofen pump, but this seems to take the edge off all my spasticity.

I have an SCI and lots of spasticity and it works for me and has for 10 years

If you haven't already done so you may want to try it in a tincture form.
    I've found that I get effective results below the threshold of feeling it in the head so I start every day with some in my coffee.

A year ago i gave a friend with MS some tincture to try.
    She says it changed her life.
    She was able to return to her career after MS had forced her to quit.

Good luck
    Doh!

Blog Entries
    Tincture is the best, IMO. Google "Green Dragon" for a very effective method of extracting the goods from the plant. Doesn't work for me, but I hear good things. Well, it does address tone and spasms but it amplifies my neuro pain into "hell on earth" territory. Not an effective solution, and hard to dose consistently without a reliable (preferably legal) source.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

can you get medical marijuana in tincture form, or to make into tincture form? What type of medical marijuana is the original poster talking about?
    I was injured 2 weeks after my 16th birthday on June 14th, 2004. My level of injury is C5 complete, but I can move my wrist.

My screen name comes from the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I just ordered CBD oil, supposedly it gives relief from spasticity and is legal to order in all the states, I'll report my results with it, it doesn't get you high though, which is fine with me, the pot they sell nowadays is way too strong.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Banned
    Iuse Original Diesel strain. - i think that matters. I vaped for a month or so. Now use aMagical Butter machine to make pot coconut oil. Then use that to make granola.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    I have an SCI and lots of spasticity and it works for me and has for 10 years

If you haven't already done so you may want to try it in a tincture form.
    I've found that I get effective results below the threshold of feeling it in the head so I start every day with some in my coffee.

A year ago i gave a friend with MS some tincture to try.
    She says it changed her life.
    She was able to return to her career after MS had forced her to quit.

Good luck
    Do you use a certain strain, Jeff?

Generally I've found that for tinctures the strain is less important.

That said, for me, sativa-dominant hybrids provide the best combo of pain and spasticity relief without the 'rush' associated with the Indicas that sometimes intensifies neuro-pain.

Specifically, Blue Dream or one of it's variants consistently work the best for me.
    https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/blue-dream
    Doh!

I live in New York where it is not yet legal for medical purposes may not be for another year. The program is supposed to start 2016, but there is still the issue of credentialing the doctors to prescribe it as well as the dispensaries that will distribute it.

In the meantime, is it possible for me to get it through the mail or some other way, excluding off the street purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by Subams View Post
    Iuse Original Diesel strain. - i think that matters. I vaped for a month or so. Now use aMagical Butter machine to make pot coconut oil. Then use that to make granola.
    Have one of those also but just make butter