Thread: equipment

equipment

there is so much out there but its sometimes hard to find I found several track chaird for the beach and a big tire chair that goes 10 miles

but my question why is not more gas pwered chaird out there its frustrating the limit a battery operated GOES VERY LIMITED THEN WHAT HAPPEN IF U RUN OUT OF JUICE

I found that there were plenty of options for gas/petrol power when trying to get something suitable for my son on the beach (ie quad bikes, ATVs and even a 4WD car), but they were all too powerful and too noisy for what we wanted (and illegal on city beaches where we live!). So I ended up converting a petrol engined go-kart to electric, changed wheels etc, and that works for us. But I agree, it certainly has its limitations in distance, so you really need to carry a spare battery if that's a risk.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by gordy1 View Post
    i found that there were plenty of options for gas/petrol power when trying to get something suitable for my son on the beach (ie quad bikes, atvs and even a 4wd car), but they were all too powerful and too noisy for what we wanted (and illegal on city beaches where we live!). So i ended up converting a petrol engined go-kart to electric, changed wheels etc, and that works for us. But i agree, it certainly has its limitations in distance, so you really need to carry a spare battery if that's a risk.
    i saw what u did ur handy