Hi,
    Recently I have found this article:

Harvard Study Confirms Fluoride Reduces Children?s IQ

Any comment?

www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

i blame facebook more than fluoride in tap water. (<---sarcasm)

It definitely affects critical thinking, get water purifiers Berkley is a great brand. If things change and I ever did have kids they wouldn't be drinking from a tap

I was at one time the responsible person for supplying drinking water to a community. I refused the State requirement to put Fluoride into the drinking water. Much to the dismay of my employers. Anyone who wished to supply Fluoride for their children's teeth had the option to have it done at the Dentist's. Even though every year we sent to every person being billed for water from the public supply, was sent a letter that described all aspects of the system's operation over the entire year, some folks did not get the word. I was constantly cussed for not telling them, I guess personally, that this was not in our water supply. Go figure!

Fluoride in a strong enough concentration is a poison, I would not be responsible for putting a product in the water that I didn't believe in, or be assured the people who worked for me, would/could control it to perfection.

It goes well beyond that...

As a SCI I do not have fluoride in drinking water on my worry list. But this issue has been brought up on past posts and as a researcher/educator I feel compelled to respond. First that title is an over statement, at best. Here is the conclusion: "The results support the possibility of an adverse effect of high fluoride exposure on children?s neurodevelopment. Future research should include detailed individual-level information on prenatal exposure, neurobehavioral performance, and covariates for adjustment." In essence what the article said is that a statistical analysis indicates that some hard research could shed more light on the issue. There is good reason. As someone who has conducted and taught meta-analysis I point out that this statistical procedure is very soft as are correlational procedures in general. They simply suggest a possible relationship between variables, not cause and effect. Even when a cause and effect relationship has been established there are other issues that need to be examined. For example does the amount of fluoride in the water matter? We know that small amounts of various chemicals do not have any measurable negative effect. But it is even more complicated. The question of whether any measured negative effects outweigh the benefits must be raised. Again, we know that the overwhelming majority of medications, including aspirin, have possible adverse side effects.

In sum, it has been well established that fluoride in our drinking water has a significant impact on oral health. There are alternative ways of getting the fluoridation. However, much of our population have limited or no access to dental care. From an overall public health standpoint adding a small mount of fluoride to the drinking water is well justified.

I am a good case study regarding the fluoridation of water. I grew up on a farm where our drinking water came from a mountain spring and was not fluoridated. While living there I got four cavities. Since my late teens I have been living in cities where the water is fluoridated. I have not had a cavity since I left the farm.

Hey, maybe that untreated spring water is why I am so bright. Anyone want to buy some? lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

NL has been having difficulty with dry mouth and a tingling tongue. She switched from Colgate toothpaste to a "natural toothpaste" (the "natural" toothpaste doesn't have some of the inactive ingredients that are known mouth irritants, but it does have fluoride) or baking soda. Our dentist wasn't aware that the "natural" toothpaste has fluoride. He warned that a lack of fluoride can cause demineralization of the teeth which can cause problems with crowns and fillings. He told her he pays $5.00 extra a month to get water with fluoride delivered to his home by a major water delivery company in our area. Just one dentist's opinion.

All the best,
    GJ

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Any documented household filters that can remove fluoride.
    or better still reasonable $$$$ household testing method ?

Was told that there are different types of fluorides and for toothpaste should only go with stannous fluoride

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin(II)_fluoride

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin(IV)_fluoride

Examples of fluoride content
    Food/DrinkFluoride
    (mg per 100g)
    PortionFluoride
    (mg per portion)
    Black Tea (brewed)0.3731 cup, 240g (8 fl oz)0.884
    Raisins, seedless0.234small box, 43g (1.5 oz)0.033
    Table wine0.153Bottle, 750ml (26.4 fl oz)1.150
    Municipal tap-water,
    (Fluoridated)
    0.081Recommended daily intake,
    3 litres (0.79 US gal)
    Baked potatoes, Russet0.045Medium potato, 140g (0.3 lb)0.078
    Lamb0.032Chop, 170g (6 oz)0.054
    Carrots0.0031 large carrot, 72g (2.5 oz)0.002
    Data taken from United States Department of Agriculture, National Nutrient Database

Ok, thanks for response folks!
    I know Reverse Osmosis system will remove fluoride and I can get this for $ 200 to $ 500 (depend on model per year);
    The question is - WHO would knowingly make us dumber with excellent dental health excuse?
    One certain thing is - all mansions here in Ontario, have central Reverse Osmosis water supply system.
    (according to the guy who is technician in company that is supplying special water Systems & filters from Europe);
    To have a cavities or to be dumb, question is now.....
    ah..SCI ...animal we know is going to eat us after all...
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine