Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 upgrade woes

Can anyone provide a reason why I should go ahead and upgrade from 8.1 to 10. I've heard that path to be a "no - brainer".
    Should I wait for the first major patch?

Thanks

I would not....buy a new puter with it on. Save your other puter you will need it.......lol. It really is just in the test phase and you can guess who the ginny pigs are......lol......us

So far I like my 8.1 and windows 7 better. Main reason is the email that 10 has....is a joke and nobody has found a good work around for it yet. I Like my email to come to me and then its get deleted online....in stead of being out there in cyber space were someone can find it.
    Art

Yeah - I've done more searching - especially in "Woody's Lounge" (a long standing forum for all things Windows) and it looks like the consensus is hang tight - especially if you have 8.1. Win 7 is supported til 2020.
    Thanks

It appears that you were right. I had a good bit of time to play around with the problem yesterday. I got a good book and sat by the computer reading while I gave the download upgrade another try before resorting to a usb drive upgrade. In about 2.5 hours it was installed. I had to do a bit of tweaking to get connected to our network, but that was it.

Thanks to all who joined in on the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I haven't upgraded to windows 10 but I got a surface book pro last week. They released a major update yesterday that solved a lot of flakiness.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Love to know how you like working with Win 10. From what I've read, it seems the transition from 7 to 10 is the most logical and least painful.
    I keep reading that enterprises upgrading from Win 7 should just skip over Win 8 and go right to 10.

Good luck - I'll be hiding in the wagon!

Anyone know why I keep having to restart my computer after upgrading to Win 10? Connection will work then randomly different websites don't. I checked and it says I have all updates. Thanks.

I like windows 7 much better than Win 8. I will not be upgrading.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Purchased a new Gateway PC with 8.1 in September and downloaded 10 last week but slowed everything to a crawl. Turns out that Gateway has not updated a driver to handle 10. Had to return to 8.1 and now we need to wait for Gateway.
    Glad things worked out SCI55.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    Love to know how you like working with Win 10. From what I've read, it seems the transition from 7 to 10 is the most logical and least painful.
    I keep reading that enterprises upgrading from Win 7 should just skip over Win 8 and go right to 10.

Good luck - I'll be hiding in the wagon!
    To me W-10 seems to be Windows 7 with some cosmetic changes. This was an upgrade from W7. Do not waste your time with 8. The need to upgrade to 10 stems from Microsoft's announcement that they are discontinuing updates, including security fixes, in February 2016 to lower versions. Also, the upgrade will not be available free after that.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    It appears that you were right. I had a good bit of time to play around with the problem yesterday. I got a good book and sat by the computer reading while I gave the download upgrade another try before resorting to a usb drive upgrade. In about 2.5 hours it was installed. I had to do a bit of tweaking to get connected to our network, but that was it.

Thanks to all who joined in on the challenge.
    Ya I had windows 10 for 2 days...then the major upgrade and a lot things changed....like trying to find things again was moved elsewere. Windows 10 really wants to control you that's for sure....had a lot of problems finding internet 11....sometimes there it is sometimes you can't find it....Last time I found it pin it to your taskbar and then it stays.
    The email is my real problem with no real solution for it yet.
    Art