Thread: Whole body nerve... sensitivity? Not quite pain.

Whole body nerve... sensitivity? Not quite pain.

This happens very, very rarely: on the order of once every couple years, but, on occasion, the nerves across my entire body become super sensitive. It's easy to mistake it for pain at first, but paying more attention, I realize it's hypersensitivity, and a rather discomforting one at that. The closest feeling I can relate it to is the tingling you get after a limb has fallen asleep and is waking up, for hours, but it's not QUITE that either.

This is usually accompanied by muscle soreness, usually down the length of my back. No fevers, normal-ish BP, so I don't think it's AD (I was concerned because I'm currently having rubber band ligation done on some hemorrhoids, and as a T-12/T-13 complete, I can't feel anything below the waist), and it always goes away after I wake up the next morning. But, until then, it can last for hours (I'm at 8 and counting).

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I've talked to a few doctors about this before, but given how rare it is, it's hard to catch and examine in the act...

Hypersensitivity can be a form or nerve pain. Gabapentin or lyrica can address this type of pain

pbr

i'm a T-6 complete since 1980 and i get the same thing. it almost itches at the end, sort of like if your gums itch . . . BUT THAT'S NOT IT EITHER . i know what you mean. it's nerve pain, at least for me. a doctor prescribed gabapentin (lyrica) for me which made my ankles swell until i couldn't get my shoes on, so given that i only have the weird tingly/itchy/hypersensitive attacks once a twice a year, i take nothing for it. it goes away.