Thread: Paranormal activity

Paranormal activity

Something sad happened suddenly this Friday night. One of my neighbors suffered a severe heart attack and died. Relatively young guy (mid 50's - young to me). So my wife suddenly asked me at dinner last night if I feel okay. Have I been feeling okay recently? Any tightness in my chest, etc.
    I said no, I feel fine. She then proceeds to tell me about how a friend of hers who appears to have a "gift" was at the house helping her look for an old ring. She's told me about this friend a number of times and although I am severely skeptical of such things, she has come up with some very uncanny "insights".
    The woman goes into my office and suddenly says that she senses that there is an aura of someone who is very ill, with pains in the chest and so on.
    This office its about 16 feet away from the house where my neighbor just suffered that heart attack.
    I just had a check up and was given a clean bill of health, so I'm thinking that was his aura that she was sensing.
    Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    This office its about 16 feet away from the house where my neighbor just suffered that heart attack. I just had a check up and was given a clean bill of health, so I'm thinking that was his aura that she was sensing.
    Yes, most likely. What happened seems uncanny, but bear in mind that - as Freud said about dream symbolism - sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and she might have been hit by a passing thought with no material connection to anyone in or near your house. If her impression had been about you, the entire house (not just the office) would likely have borne its stamp. Or, if you are not the original owners of the house, someone who lived there before you might have experienced a health issue that "precipitated" in that room.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 11-29-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: addition
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Wherever he is now I hope he get's to meet Jerry Garcia. He's been bummed out ever since he passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Yes, most likely. What happened seems uncanny, but bear in mind that - as Freud said about dream symbolism - sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and she might have been hit by a passing thought with no material connection to anyone in or near your house. If her impression had been about you, the entire house (not just the office) would likely have borne its stamp. Or, if you are not the original owners of the house, someone who lived there before you might have experienced a health issue that "precipitated" in that room.
    I'm pretty sure that we are the 4th family in this house. We purchased it from the last owners' surviving children. Good point!

These kinds of these are so interesting!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    Wherever he is now I hope he get's to meet Jerry Garcia. He's been bummed out ever since he passed away.
    Jerry Garcia isn't dead! He lives with Elvis and Kurt Cobain in Bismarck North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Jerry Garcia isn't dead! He lives with Elvis and Kurt Cobain in Bismarck North Dakota.
    Don't forget that Jimmy Hoffa is there with them too!

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Don't forget that Jimmy Hoffa is there with them too!

(KLD)
    I think Jimmy Hoffa is their man-servant!