Thread: Has anyone stood X Number of hours a day

Has anyone stood X Number of hours a day

I've been injured about 3 1/2 years, I've done standing frames, tilt tables, lokomats etc but for max an hour in the future after a stem cell injection I'd like to try the Kumming walking program. But even at 23 after three years I already have osteoporosis, even with all my physiotherapy. Has anyone actually spent six hours straight standing up? Was it hard blood pressure rise, did it cause a problem with b&b accident, joints especially ankles, hips and knees. Or did it actually has a large benefit on your daily pain and other problems? For the more dedicated of us let me know I imagine only if you have actually committed to this .

ps did help with these good damn spasms?

Standing stationary that long in one position could lead to pressure ulcers on your feet. We recommend not standing more than one hour at a time for this reason.

(KLD)

WHATs even with shoes on normals people are on their feet all day every day

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    WHATs even with shoes on normals people are on their feet all day every day
    Yes, and they shift weight continuously (we call it walking). In a standing frame or glider the weight on your feet is continuous at high pressures. Shoes don't help much.

(KLD)

I would suggest consulting an endroconogist (sp) fot the osteo. Ry had poor bone density and did Forteo shots for about a year. He also bumped up his calcium and vitamin D. He has been off the Forteo for a few years and only does the Vitamin D supplements and Calcium supplements. He uses his standing frame for at least an hour a day-sometimes 2. He is incomplete so he can move his feet in the frame. The bone density strengthening was instrumental in being able to do this. He can walk (with walker and arm supports) for up to 1000 feet on a safe surface and the right environment. Talk to your doc and see what your options are to make the next step.--eak
    Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
    mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
    Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

They are idiots man, they don't care about reversing the osteoporosis, they just care about delaying it with extremely harmful drugs and harmful supplements calcium supplements are terrible. I actually value very few doctors information and opinions how I'm living is their idea of the treatment. Infection antibiotics right away, oh you don't like living this way antidepressants right away, oh you find it pathetically undignified that's not right have you tried painting with your mouth, I know your ex MMA fighter and power lifter but I'm sure you'll find such purpose purpose in it. it's absolute garbage. Any attempt at the versing the "impossible" is looked at as futile, delusional not the right, I get that did you not listen to the one-liners given to you in rehab look. At this point anyways biphosphonate and standing frame will do nothing I need a vibration plate
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 12-06-2015 at 02:16 AM.

A vibration plate won't do anything unless those muscles are innervated and actively providing balance/strength in relation to the movement.

2017 ... implantable stim ... make sure you have the cash to hit the States and are one of the first in line.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

The vibration will activate the muscles enough to contract on the bone similar to fes only more intense, it was my understanding that the clinical trials for posts paralysis osteoporosis intervention with vibration plate showed promise. Mind you I haven't seen any concluding papers

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    A vibration plate won't do anything unless those muscles are innervated and actively providing balance/strength in relation to the movement.

2017 ... implantable stim ... make sure you have the cash to hit the States and are one of the first in line.
    I think everyone's getting their hopes up about the implantable stim for nothing, it won't even show as good of results as the epidural stimulator and unless you're a paraplegic weren't very life-changing

http://inerventions.se/en/produkt/

This may be the best option